Draft Minutes from last Ordinary Meeting

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 18th June 2018 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Richard Williams Laura Williams, Julian Evans, Rob Bowen and Peter Gebbie,

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer) and 3 members of the public

1. There were apologies received from Cllr David Harlow (County Cllr) and David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty).

2. There was none.

3. The Annual Ordinary minutes of meeting held on 14th May 2018 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting so there was nothing further to report.
4.2. County Councillor David Harlow was unable to attend the meeting but had sent a report to the Parish Councillors, which was available at the meeting.
4.3. Clerk to forward report from West Mercia Police to Councillors. Clerk to action
4.4. Residents Views –
4.4.1. Residents reported that the hedge on the path between the Village Shop and Village Hall has overgrown and that it is restricting the amount of pathway that is available for people to safely walk on. Clerk to find out who owns the hedge and ask if they can cut it back. Clerk to action.

5. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
5.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman reported:
5.1.1. That he had completed general maintenance around the parish and asked if Councillors and residents could let him know if there are any junctions that need strimming to help with visibility. He had been carrying out work to refurbish the BT phone box.
5.1.2. Tracy asked the Clerk to book him into the Parish Footpath Officer briefing to be held on 27th June. Clerk to action
5.2. Tracy will continue walking the parish footpaths, but asked if residents would let him know of any defects and overgrown vegetation on footpaths.

6. Planning
6.1. The Parish Council reviewed the following applications and had the following comments to make:
6.1.1. Planning Re-consultation – 171841 – Land adjacent to Clifton House, Whistance J C & Son Farm, St Weonards, Herefordshire, Full planning application for the erection of 25 dwellings including access and associated infrastructure. The Council had the following question and comments on the above planning to ask and RESOLVED for the Clerk to report back to Planning Officer Roland Close: “The Council are not comfortable with what is proposed with regards the path, crossing and road safety and would like to see or find out more detail as to what options have been considered to reach the final proposal offered for the road. They are not prepared to compromise safety for cost. They are happy with the layout of the houses to be built but have some concerns and reservations to the safety of the road layout.” The Clerk to report back to Planning Officer, Roland Close with the above comments. Clerk to action
6.1.2. Planning Consultation – 181758 – West View, Three Ashes, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8LX, Proposed carport and single-storey extensions to create annexe. The Council noted this planning application but had no comment to make.
6.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications.

7. Finances
7.1. The HSBC Bank balance was noted as £5995.42 and the budget spend was reviewed and on track.
7.2. The Council RESOLVED to paying the following invoices: –
7.2.1. HMRC payment of PAYE back dated to 1st May 2015 – £ 1843.10 – Cheque 100423
7.2.2. Autela Payroll Services:
7.2.2.1. Setting up PAYE and back dating to 1st May 2015 – £210.60+VAT
7.2.2.2. Monthly PAYE for Q1 (Apr, May & June) 2018 – £39+VAT = Total amount for Autela £299.52 – Cheque 100424
7.2.3. Eyelid Productions – Parish Council website technical support inv 2108 £100 – Cheque 100425
7.2.4. Tracy Knights Garren Services – invoice 693 for Lengthsman work £612.08 – Cheque 100426
7.3. The Council identified and discussed the following financial risks to the Parish Council
7.3.1. The Council RESOLVED to send a letter to the Bank to cancel standing order for Clerk’s monthly Salary.
7.3.2. The Council RESOLVED that they would need to pay the Clerk’s salary via cheque of BACS in the future. Clerk to investigate the BACS payment options with the Bank. Clerk to action

8. Update from Clerk on:
8.1. The Council reviewed the option of the Community Commissioning Model with regards to getting the work for the passing places at bottom of Church Hill. Clerk to speak to Dave Atkinson about a BBLP quote for completing the work and Cllr B Durkin with regards to the £5K that is available towards the cost of this work. Clerk to action
8.2. The Chairman will liaise with Becky Miles from Hereford Times to arrange an official opening picture/report for the refurbished BT phone box with defibrillator installed. Chairman to action
8.3. The Clerk informed the Council that the GDRP policies were now on the website and she is working her way through the action list.

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet

10. The Council RESOLVED for the following items to be on the agenda for the next meeting: No items were identified

11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be the Ordinary meeting on Monday 9th July 2018 at 7.30pm

Meeting closed 8.45pm