Ordinary Virtual Meeting 23rd Nov 2020

Mtg No:  54

 

ST WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL 

Minutes from Virtual Ordinary Meeting held on

Monday 23rd November 2020 at

7.30pm via a Zoom Virtual Meeting

 

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Laura Williams, Rob Bowen, Peter Gebbie and Mat Preece (once he was co-opted, see item 3 below)

In attendance: County Cllr Toni Fagan and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council) and 2 member of the public

1. Apologies were received from Cllr Richard Williams and Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman).

2. There was one declaration of interest from Cllr Bowen for agenda item 8.1.3 planning application for Northgates Farm. Cllr Bowen took no part in the discussions and left the Zoom meeting during the discussion of this item.

3. Co-option – The Parish Council had received a request from Matthew Preece to be co-opted on to the Parish Council. The Parish Council accepted the request and Cllr Gebbie proposed that Matthew Preece be co-opted on to the Council and Cllr Cain seconded. Cllr Preece to complete the necessary paperwork and return to the Parish Clerk. To action – Cllr Preece

4. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 21st September were adopted and electronically signed.

5. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
5.1. Residents Views :–
5.1.1. Sandyway A466 update – The Parish Council received an update from Cllr Fagan and Gil Wood on what changes had happen at Sandyway since our last meeting. The yellow and “SLOW” sign on the Orcop side of St Weonards has been replaced/repainted. Cllr Fagan confirmed that Callum Bush from BBLP had said that the removal of the central white line, as suggested in the changes to the road proposal from BBLP, would need to be funded by the Parish Council through the Community Commissioning Scheme or the S106 monies. The Parish Council then discussed the S106 monies pending agreement in planning application 200669 as in item 8.1.2 on the agenda. The agreement has not been finalised yet and the Council RESOLVED that the Clerk contact the Planning Officer Heather Carlise to ask if the Parish Council can have a Zoom meeting to discuss the S106 agreement and the impact on St Weonards Village/Parish. Clerk to action
5.1.2. Parish Noticeboard – The Clerk asked the Parish Council if they would be happy for the Parish Noticeboard to be reviewed as the glass had become frosted and hard to look through – the glass may be able to be replaced or we may need a new noticeboard. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to speak to Tracy Knights, the Parish Lengthsman, to see what he would advise. Clerk to action
5.2. County Cllr Toni Fagan reported the following:
5.2.1. Cllr Fagan attended the meeting and had sent her report to the Parish Council. Clerk to put report on the website. Clerk to action. Cllr Fagan drew the Councillors attention to the following points from the report:
5.2.1.1. COVID had taken over again as the main focus.
5.2.1.2. Hoping that the vaccine will be rolled out from December.
5.2.1.3. Business Grants are still available for those struggling.
5.2.1.4. Talk Community on Facebook and Website – LOVE LOCAL
5.2.1.5. Urged the Council to look at the Electric Car Club with the 106 monies to help with reducing carbon footprint and reducing traffic on road.
5.3. James Howell, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting but the Clerk had circulated the weekly reports to the Councillors.

6. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
6.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman, had been carrying out the usual maintenance as when it has been safe to do so during lockdown.
6.1.1. The Council RESOLVED to ask Tracy to carry out the usual maintenance and to look at the Parish noticeboard. Clerk/Tracy to action
6.1.2. See item 9.1.2 below – Tracy to look at the British Legion Bench on the mound at St Weonards and to clean it up. Clerk to action asking Tracy
6.1.3. Clerk to order sandbags and salt grit after Tracy Knights has checked what is remaining. Clerk/Tracy to action
6.2. The Clerk confirmed that she had received confirmation that the Council had received 55% of the Drainage Grant submitted (£6300). Council to sign the contract form and send back. Clerk to action

7. Finances
7.1. The Council noted the Bank Balance and reconciliation. The Bank Balance was £7881.67 on 5/11/20.
7.2. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices: –
7.2.1. Hire of St Weonards Village Hall 2018/19 Inv: 46 £120 and 2019/20 Inv: 47 £108 = £228 – Chq 100516
7.2.2. Clerks salary for Oct £327.26 Chq 100513 and Nov £327.26 – Chq 100515
7.2.3. Zoom subscription for Sept and Oct 2 x £14.39 inc VAT = £28.78 paid by Clerk – Chq 100517
7.2.4. Donation for the Poppy Wreath £20 – Chq 100518.
7.2.5. Donation to Dore Community Transport £50 – Chq 100519 (see item 9.1.1 below)
7.3. The Council RESOLVED to discuss and finalise the Precept for 2021/22 at the January meeting.
7.4. Financial Risks:
7.4.1. The Council RESOLVED to discuss reviewing the Clerks Salary at the end of this meeting in a closed forum.
7.4.2. There were no other financial risks identified.

8. Planning Applications
8.1. The Council considered the planning application.
8.1.1. Planning Application – 203512 – Land of southeast of C1239, Broad Oak, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8QZ. Proposed widening of an existing agricultural access (retrospective). Reply by 18th Nov. The Parish Council noted this planning application.
8.1.2. Planning Application – 200669 – Land West of A466, St Weonards, Freemans, Amended and additional information to application – Pending S106 Agreement. Residential development of 32 dwellings, 35% houses are affordable, public open space, SuDS, off site footpath and crossing and all associated works. Reply by 24th Nov. See item 5.1.1 above – The Parish Council RESOLVED to contact the Planning Officer to discuss in more detail. Clerk to action
8.1.3. Planning Application – 203904 – Northgate Farm, St Weonards, HR2 8QF. Erection of a free range egg laying unit and associated infrastructure. Reply 8th Dec. The Council RESOLVED to support the application but asked for a condition to be put in that the verges and U roads that are local to the Farm are kept tidy and not made into a mess by the extra heavy vehicular activity. Clerk to action
8.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.
9.1.1. The Council received a letter from Dore Community Transport asking for a donation and support. The Council RESOLVED to donate £50. Clerk to action
9.1.2. The Council had received a request from the Royal British Legion if they would take on the bench on the mound at St Weonards. The Council RESOLVED to take on the bench and will ask Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman, to look at the bench and tidy it up. Clerk to action

10. The following items were raised for the next meeting: 2021/22 Precept, Sandyway update, S106 monies update.

11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 11th January at 7.30pm either at St Weonards Village Hall or via Zoom Virtual Meeting – depending on COVID Guidelines.

Meeting closed 9pm