Ordinary Minutes from meeting on 9th July 2018

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 9th July 2018 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Julian Evans, Rob Bowen and Peter Gebbie,

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer) David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty) and 3 members of the public

1. There were apologies received from Cllr David Harlow (County Cllr), Cllrs Richard Williams and Laura Williams.

2. There was none.

3. The Ordinary minutes of meeting held on 18th June 2018 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward attended the meeting and reported the following:
4.1.1. Grass cutting – first cut has been completed. Second one is due later on in the summer.
4.1.2. Will chase up the potholes identified on the A466 road through the village
4.1.3. Will look at the damaged bollard at the top of Church Hill
4.1.4. With regards to the costs of completing passing places, the Council asked Dave about the process for the Parish Council completing the work and BBLP signing the work off. This is possible but can only be done through the Lengthsman Scheme if the Lengthsman has completed the enhanced scheme training.
4.1.5. Dave will look into the cost of reversing the one-way system and let the Council know. Dave to action
4.2. County Councillor David Harlow was unable to attend the meeting but had sent a report to the Parish Councillors, which was available at the meeting.
4.3. Clerk to forward report from West Mercia Police to Councillors. Clerk to action
4.4. Residents Views – There were no issues raised.

5. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
5.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman reported:
5.1.1. He had completed general maintenance around the parish and asked if Councillors and residents could let him know if there are areas in the Parish that require his attention.
5.1.2. Tracy attended the Parish Footpath Officer briefing on 27th June. The P3 Scheme continues this year and the grant will be at 0% in 2019/2020. The scheme will require volunteers to help support it with basic maintenance on footpaths.
5.2. Tracy will continue walking the parish footpaths, but asked if residents would let him know of any stile defects and overgrown vegetation on footpaths.

6. Planning
6.1. There were no planning applications to review at the meeting.
6.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications.

7. Finances
7.1. The HSBC Bank balance was noted as £5995.42 on 5th June and the budget spend was reviewed and on track.
7.2. The Council RESOLVED to paying the following invoices: –
7.2.1. Tracy Knights Garren Services – invoice 699 dated 2/7/18 for Lengthsman work £90 – Chq 100428
7.3. The Parish Council noted that the Herefordshire Council’s Budget Consultation is open until Friday 21st Sept – https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/budgetconsultation
7.4. The Council identified no financial risks to the Parish Council currently.

8. Update from Clerk on:
8.1. The Clerk asked the Parish Council if they would like to have an official opening for the refurbished BT phone box with the defibrillator installed in it. The Council RESOLVED that they would like to do this and would like to involve some children from St Weonards Primary School and a member of St Weonards PCC would also contributed to the cost of the defibrillator. Clerk to action
8.2. The Clerk updated the Council on the GDRP action list
8.3. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to arrange the defibrillator training dates from July to September. Clerk to action

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet

10. The Council RESOLVED for the following items to be on the agenda for the next meeting: Passing places

11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be the Ordinary meeting on Monday 10th September 2018 at 7.30pm

Meeting closed 8.25pm