Ordinary Minutes 14th October 2019

Mtg No: 47

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 14th October 2019 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie and Laura Williams

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), County Cllr Toni Fagan and 4 members of the public

1. There were apologies received from Cllrs Richard Williams and Rob Bowen

2. There were no declarations of interest for any agenda items.

3. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 9th September 2019 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. Residents Views :
4.1.1. The Parish Council received an update from residents of Tythe Barn about the flooding and drainage issues at the property and they confirmed that they had spoken to James Howell BBLP Locality Steward about jetting the pipe and culvert by their property.
4.1.2. The Parish Council had received an update from the Clerk to confirm that Treago Estate had responsibility to maintain the garden space behind the Village Hall. Treago’s Land Agent Savills, confirmed that the overgrown vegetation would be cleared within the next few weeks, depending on the weather.
4.2. County Cllr Toni Fagan reported the following:
4.2.1. Cllr Fagan reported the following:
4.2.1.1. The corporate plan is up for 2020-24 is up for consultation and the questionnaire will be on the Herefordshire Council’s website for people to complete.
4.2.1.2. At the full Council meeting on 11th October, the Council agreed to look into a different governance system to work together.
4.2.1.3. There are plans to have a mental awareness day in Herefordshire and more activity to help support people – assist in bringing mental health up the agenda
4.2.1.4. Travellers site document – a site at Leominster has been found.
4.2.1.5. Cllr Fagan working on a project to decarbonise Herefordshire across all aspect of life
4.3. James Howell, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting but the Clerk had circulated the weekly reports to the Councillors. Nothing further to report to James.

5. Sandyway
5.1. The Clerk updated the Parish Council on the options and findings since the last meeting. James Howell’s had contact the Balfour Beatty (BBLP) Engineers who had given options to the Parish Council on ways of trying to improve the road signage and line marking on the stretch of road to assist with reducing traffic speed via the Community Commissioning Model. Clerk to check with BBLP how much it would cost to carry out the suggestion road markings and lines and ask why they have not suggested a speed limit through Sandyway. Clerk to action
5.2. Cllr Fagan offered to speak to the Highways and BBLP on our behalf to their senior managers to find out what options or budgets that may be available to assist with such work as the Parish Council is concerned as to how much the work will cost. Also to ask about the use of 106 monies from future housing development. Cllr T Fagan to action

6. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
6.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman, was unable to attend the Parish Council Meeting
6.2. The Parish Council identified the following areas that need some maintenance: General winter maintenance to be carried out around the Parish, refill salt bins, concentrate on flood hot spots, ditches, etc. Clerk to action contacting Tracy Knights.

7. Finances
7.1. The Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance to be £7204.75 on 5/10/19 and budget spend was reviewed and on track for the end of the financial year.
7.2. The Council RESOLVED payment of the following invoices: –
7.2.1. Clerks salary for Oct – £277.06 – Chq 100475
7.2.2. HALC website hosting and domain name – invoice H752 – £55+VAT – Chq 100476
7.2.3. Poppy Wreath from Royal British Legion – £20 – Chq 100477
7.2.4. Replacement pads for defibrillator £73.80 – Chq 100478
7.3. The Council will discuss the Parish Precept more at the next meeting in November. Clerk to action
7.4. The Council did not identify any financial risks

8. Planning Applications
8.1. The Council had no planning applications to consider.
8.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.

10. The following items were raised for the next meeting: Sandyway update and Parish Precept.

11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 11th November 2019 at 7.30pm

Meeting closed 8.40pm