Ordinary Meeting minutes Monday 4th December 2017

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 4th December 2017 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Richard Williams, Peter Gebbie and Mrs Laura Williams

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer) and 4 members of the public

1. There were apologies received from Cllrs Julian Evans and Rob Bowen, Cllr David Harlow (County Cllr) and David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty).

2. There were no declarations of interest or dispensations.

3. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 13th November 2017 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting so there was nothing further to report.
4.2. County Councillor David Harlow was unable to attend the meeting but had sent a report to the Parish Councillors, which was available at the meeting.
4.3. Clerk to forward report from West Mercia Police to Councillors. Clerk to action
4.4. Residents Views – There were no views raised.

5. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
5.1. The Council RESOLVED for Tracy Knights to complete winter maintenance around the parish and a general litter pick to help keep Parish tidy. Tracy to action

6. Parish Update
6.1. The Clerk updated the Council on the one-way system since the last meeting. The Clerk will continue with any outstanding actions from the November meeting. In addition the Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to send a copy of the draft letter, which will be sent to Cllr Durkin, BBLP and Clive Hall Head of Highways and Hayley Crane, for Councillors to comment on with regards to the one-way system and passing places at the bottom of Church Hill. 6.1.1. Clerk to look at Hereford Times in 2012 and 2013 to see if can find the advert for the Traffic Regulation Order for one-way system. Check in Parish Council Storage Box to see if can find plans for the planning for affordable houses linked to one-way system. Clerk to action
6.2. The Clerk gave the Council an update on refurbishment of the BT Phone Kiosk and Defibrillator Training.
6.2.1. Clerk to complete Listed Buildings Consent Application to submit to Herefordshire Council to inform them of changes that will be carried out on the BT Phone box – change a few panes of glass, repaint the phone box in original colours, defibrillator sign, repair or replace leather strap on the phone box door. Clerk to action
6.2.2. Clerk has arranged the following Defibrillator Training with West Midlands Ambulance Service. Clerk to advertise and distribute leaflets around village. Clerk to action
6.2.2.1. Tuesday 23rd January 10am-12pm at St Weonards Village Hall
6.2.2.2. Saturday 3rd February 1-3pm at Llanwarne Village Hall
6.2.3. Clerk to complete the West Midlands Ambulance Services form that confirms the location of the defibrillator in our parish. Clerk to action

7. Finances
7.1. The Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance to be £6739.64 on 5/11/17 and budget spend was reviewed.
7.2. After a lengthy discussion, the Council RESOLVED Parish Precept for 2018/19 to be £6350
7.3. The Council RESOLVED payment of the following invoices: – Clerk to action
7.3.1. Richard Craig Electricals Defibrillator Installation Invoice 10417 – £320 + VAT – Chq 100414
7.3.2. Tracy Knights Lengthsman Invoice 670 – £270 – Chq 100415
7.4. There were no financial risks identified by the Council.

8. Planning Applications and Neighbourhood Development Plan
8.1. The Council noted that there was nothing further to update on Neighbourhood Development Plan.
8.2. There were no planning applications to be considered.
8.3. The Council noted the update on current planning applications

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet

10. The Council RESOLVED for the following items to be on the agenda for the next meeting: follow-up on one-way system, BT Kiosk and defibrillator.

11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 8th January 2018 at 7.30pm

Meeting closed 8.55pm