Ordinary Meeting Minutes Monday 13th November 2017


Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 13th November 2017 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Richard Williams, Peter Gebbie, Julian Evans, Mrs Laura Williams and Rob Bowen

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), David Harlow (County Cllr) and David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty), Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer) and 3 members of the public

Guest: Cllr Barrie Durkin, Cabinet Member for Roads and Transport

1. There were no apologies.

2. There were no declarations of interest or dispensations.

3. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 9th October 2017 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward, reported the following to the Council: –
4.1.1. It is pothole season now so please keep reporting them. Potholes on Fishpool Lane have been completed.
4.1.2. Footpath STW10 work has been completed by Tracy Knights. Tracy reported that there is a stile that needs repairing along this footpath that he will carry out. The culvert by the road from this footpath has fallen in. Dave will look at it and report it to Structures Dept at BBLP. Dave to action
4.1.3. A resident asked Dave for an update on the Isle of Dogs concerns with regards to the non-existent barrier. This defect has been logged and is in the system to be looked at and processed. There is currently no additional money to cover the cost of this work.
4.2. County Councillor David Harlow sent a report to the Parish Councillors, which was available at the meeting. The Council asked Cllr Harlow if he knew any update on the two planning developments – he had heard nothing more to report.
4.2.1. Clerk to check with Stephanie Kitto at Herefordshire Council who owns the School land. Clerk to action
4.3. The report from West Mercia Police was noted.
4.4. Residents Views
4.4.1. The residents concerns on speeding, one-way systems etc were covered in item 5.1 below.
4.4.2. The cost of a speed indicator device, like the one at Peterstow, is approximately £6k. The Council currently doesn’t have the money to cover the cost of this device.

5. Parish Update
5.1. The Council met with Cllr Barrie Durkin, Cabinet Member for Roads and Transport prior to the start of the meeting to discuss the current road and speed issues raised by residents. Cllr Durkin was available at the start of the meeting to answer any further questions that residents wanted to ask.
5.1.1. One of the items raised at the meeting was the possibility of reversing the one-way system and passing places at the bottom of Church Hill. If the Parish Council wants to reverse the one-way system they will need to raise a TRO (Traffic Road Order) via Herefordshire Council and Balfour Beatty. The current waiting list for TRO’s to be processed is 3-5 years. To speed up this process the Parish Council can pay for a TRO but the starting price for this is £6K plus. Clerk to write to Balfour Beatty expressing the Council and residents views and request for reversing the one-way system. Clerk to action.
5.1.2. There is £5K available to complete the passing places at bottom of Church Hill, which is with Hayley Crane at Herefordshire Council. This is the money that was put aside when the one-way system was put in place at the end of the Amey contract before Balfour Beatty started. Cllr Durkin will speak to Hayley Crane to ask for this money to be released so that the work can be carried out. Clerk to action chasing this up with Cllr Durkin
5.2. The Clerk updated the Council on the BT Phone Kiosk and Defibrillator. Defibrillator has been installed in the BT Phone Kiosk. Clerk to complete the listed buildings application so that BT Kiosk can be upgraded with new paint and defibrillator signs. Clerk to chase up Defibrillator Training for community with Di Pearson. Clerk to action

6. Finances
6.1. The Council noted the Bank Balance on 5th Nov 2017 was £6739.64 and budget spend was on track.
6.2. The Council RESOLVED to discuss the Parish Precept for 2018/19 further at the December meeting
6.3. There were no invoices to present for payment.
6.4. The Council considered the letter received from Dore Community Transport asking for donation and RESOLVED that this time they would not be sending any donation as the service is not used regularly by anyone in the Parish. Clerk to send a reply to Dore Community Transport. Clerk to action
6.5. There were no financial risks currently identified by the Parish Council.

7. The Council received the following update from Tracy Knights on Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme: There had been a request to strim off the vegetation along STW10 footpath, the section from the bridge through the wood into the next field – Tracy confirmed that this had been complete.
7.1. The Council RESOLVED to ask Tracy to complete a general winter maintenance and litter pick-up around the Parish and to check if any salt bins need refilling. Tracy to action

8. Planning Applications and Neighbourhood Development Plan
8.1. The Clerk updated the Council on the latest with regards to Neighbourhood Development Plan. The Clerk had sent an email out to all those who expressed an interest in completing a plan to ask if they wanted to proceed with another meeting – there were two responses, one from someone who was interested and another who due to ill health would not be able to continue. Therefore, this will mean that St Weonards Parish will become part of the Rural Development Plan.
8.2. The Council considered the following planning applications:
8.2.1. 173810 – The Stone Barn, Green Acres, Three Ashes, Herefordshire HR2 8LU, Further to approvals under application references 153557 and 160777: Proposed separation of the annexe accommodation (within the stone barn and a western portion of the steel barn)) from the remainder of the steel barn to create an independent, separate dwelling; minor changes to external appearance of the stone barn. Reply by 13th Nov. The Council RESOLVED that they have no objections. Clerk to action
8.3. The Council noted the update on current planning applications.

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet

10. The Council RESOLVED for the following items to be on the agenda for the next meeting: Parish Precept, follow-up on one-way system, BT Kiosk and defibrillator.

11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 4th December at 7.30pm

Meeting closed 8.55pm