Mtg No: 30
ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 9th April 2018 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm
Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Richard Williams and Peter Gebbie,
In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), and 6 members of the public
1. There were apologies received from, Cllrs Laura Williams, Julian Evans and Rob Bowen, Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer), Cllr David Harlow (County Cllr) and David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty).
2. There was one declaration of interest to item 6.1.1 Planning Application 180139 on the agenda. Cllrs M Cain and R Williams declared an interest in this item, it was noted, and they both signed the book and took no part in the discussion on this item.
3. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 12th March 2018 were adopted and signed.
4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting so there was nothing further to report. The Council asked if the Clerk could raise the following defects with Dave
4.1.1. A vehicle has knocked down the post in the village car park by the School again. Does Dave have any reflectors that we might be able to put on the post? Clerk to action
4.1.2. The bollards at the top of Church Hill have fallen down again. Clerk to action
4.2. County Councillor David Harlow was unable to attend the meeting but had sent a report to the Parish Councillors, which was available at the meeting.
4.3. Clerk to forward report from West Mercia Police to Councillors. Clerk to action
4.4. Residents Views – A few residents who live on the Three Ashes link road raised an issue with the amount of large tractors and trailers using the lane as a “rat-run” transporting muck to the anaerobic digester at Pengethley. The tractors are ripping up the verges and tarmac, using it as a two-way road, not pulling into the passing places but just pulling up on the verges. They are blocking and damaging drains along this road and it is making it dangerous for people to drive or walk along. Can the Parish Council help with this problem? The Council informed the residents that they do not have any powers to stop this but will speak to Dave Atkinson, the Balfour Beatty Locality Steward to see if he can do anything. Clerk to action.
5. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
5.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman was unable to attend and there was nothing further to report
5.2. Lengthsman budget is now 100% precept and P3 Grant is part grant and part precept for 2018/19.
6.1.1. Planning Consultation – 180139 – Green Acres, Three Ashes, Hereford, HR2 8LU, Proposed alterations to house to include conversion of garage into living accommodation and first floor extension. Proposed detached garage/store and change of use of agricultural land to residential. Reply by 9th April. The Council RESOLVED they had no objections. Clerk to action
6.1.2. Planning Consultation – 180819 – Treago, St Weonards, Hereford, HR2 8QB Internal alterations to kitchen, utility and bathrooms. Listed Building Consent. Reply by 18th April. The Council RESOLVED they had no objections. Clerk to action
6.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications.
7. Parish Update
7.1. The Clerk had nothing more to report to the Council on the one-way system since sending a letter to Cllr Barrie Durkin, Balfour Beatty, Highways, Hayley Cane and County Cllr Harlow on 11th March. Clerk to action following up letter
7.2. The Clerk reported that she needs to chase up the dates for Defibrillator Training with Di Pearson from West Midlands Ambulance to arrange some more training dates at St Weonards Village Hall and Harewood End Inn in May/June time. Clerk to action
7.3. The Council RESOLVED they would like to do an official opening of the refurbished BT Phone Kiosk in June or July. Clerk to action
8.1. The Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance to be £4700.60 on 5/3/18 and budget spend was reviewed and will come in on budget for 2017/18.
8.2. The Council RESOLVED payment of the following invoices: – Clerk to action
8.2.1. Clerks Expenses (heating tokens, printer paper, printer cartridge) – £67.48 – cheque 100417
8.3. There were no financial risks identified by the Council.
9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet
10. The Council RESOLVED for the following items to be on the agenda for the next meeting: follow-up on one-way system and Three Ashes Road. Clerk to action
11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be the Annual Parish meeting and Annual Ordinary meeting on Monday 14th May 2018 at 7pm.
Meeting closed 8.16pm