Ordinary Meeting Minutes 8th Oct 2018

Mtg no 36

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 8th October 2018 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair) Cllrs Peter Gebbie and Richard Williams

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), and 3 members of the public

1. There were apologies received from Cllrs Laura Williams, Julian Evans and Rob Bowen, County Cllr David Harlow, Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer) and David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty)

2. Declarations of interest:– There was one declaration of interest for Cllrs M Caine and R Williams on item 6.1.1 planning application 182703 Green Acres. They signed the book and took no part in the discussion for this item.

3. The Ordinary minutes of meeting held on 9thth July 2018 and 10th Sept were both adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting and there was nothing more to report from Dave Atkinson. Clerk to speak to Dave about costings of BBLP completing passing places on land at bottom of Church Hill. Clerk to action speaking to Dave
4.2. County Councillor David Harlow had sent a report to the Parish Councillors, which was available at the meeting. The Chairman made the meeting aware that there is a new app available to report potholes. There was nothing further to report.
4.3. Clerk to forward report from West Mercia Police to Councillors. Clerk to action
4.4. Residents Views –
4.4.1. Clerk to check with Dave the issue raised about a blocked drain on A466 5m from the drive by Tythe Barn – two houses south of the village hall. At the end of August there was a flash flood as a result of heavy rain during thunderstorms and the water ended up flooding a downstairs room in the residents’ property. Clerk to speak to David Atkinson to look into clearing this drain. Clerk to action
4.4.2. A resident raised the issue of the damaged bollard at the top of Church Hill and they had reported it to BBLP.
4.4.3. Paul Gray made the Council aware that student drivers need to make the DVLA aware of their change of address is they are studying away from home.

5. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
5.1. As Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman was unable to attend there was nothing further to report.
5.2. The remaining budget left of Lengthsman Scheme money is £37.92 and P3 money is £487.50 (£375 is grant money and £112.50 is Precept money)
5.3. Clerk to speak to Dave Atkinson and find out with regards to the P3 Scheme for the future, who is responsible and liable for footpaths and their assets in the future when there is no grant available in 2019 from Herefordshire Council. What do we need to budget for? Clerk to action

6. Planning
6.1. The following planning application was to reviewed at the meeting.
6.1.1. 182703 Green Acres, Three Ashes, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8LU. Proposed alterations to house to include conversion of garage into living accommodation with first floor extension over. Proposed detached garage/store and change of use of agricultural land to residential. The Council RESOLVED that they had no objections to this application and were in support of it. Clerk to action replying.
6.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications.

7. Finances
7.1. The HSBC Bank balance was noted as £2567.46 on 5th September
7.2. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices. Clerk to action
7.2.1. Autela Payroll Services for Invoice 14022 Q2 (Jul, Aug & Sep) = £39 +VAT
7.2.2. HALC training course fees for Clerk – Invoice H387 GDPR training 11th April £10+ VAT and Invoice H396 Audit Training 17th April £10+VAT = £20+VAT
7.2.3. HMRC payment for Q2 2018-19 – £162.55
7.2.4. Tracy Knights Garren Services – invoice 703 – £45 and invoice 715 – £15
7.2.5. Clerks salary for October – £277.06
7.3. The Council RESOLVED to consider completing Parish Precept form for 2019/2020 by 31st Dec 2018
7.4. No financial risks to the Parish Council were identified.

8. Update from Clerk on:
8.1. Clerk to arrange an official opening for the refurbished BT phone box. Clerk to action
8.2. There was nothing further to update on the passing places. Clerk to chase up costings from Dave Atkinson. Clerk to action

9. The correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet was noted

10. To consider items for next meeting: Parish Precept

11. To consider date of next meeting Monday 12th November 2018 at 7.30pm at St Weonards Village Hall. The Council RESOLVED that the future meetings will be Monday 3rd December, no meeting in January 2019 and Monday 11th February 2019

Meeting closed 8.25pm