Ordinary meeting minutes 5th December 2016

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 5th December 2016 at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs M Cain (Chair), Mrs L Williams and R Williams

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), Tracy Knights, Lengthsman and 3 members of the public

1. Co-options – None.

2. Apologies – Cllr J Evans, PSCO Lowri Anderson and David Atkinson

3. Declarations of Interests – None

4. The minutes from the meeting held on 7th November 2016 were signed and adopted.

5. Open Public Session

5.1. Report from David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
5.1.1. David Atkinson had emailed weekly reports to the Clerk. He was unable to attend. Nothing further to report

5.2. Report from West Mercia Police
5.2.1. PSCO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend. Clerk to circulated the most current Police Briefing to all Councillors and to put the report on the website. Clerk to action. The Clerk reported that the Police had sent a reply about the speed limit in the village and confirmed that there is a speeding issue through the village but as the speed limit distance is to short length then it is cannot enforced.

5.3. Report from County Councillor David Harlow
5.3.1. Cllr Harlow attended the meeting to answer any questions raised by Parishioners or the Parish Council.

5.4. Views of Local Residents
5.4.1. Cllr Williams reported back that the St Weonards Village Hall Committee had their AGM on Mon 14th Dec at 7.30pm at the Hall and now have new committee members with plenty of money raising ideas.

6. Finances
6.1. The Clerk updated the Council on the purchase of defibrillator and confirmed that Welsh Newton Young Farmers are having a fundraising event to raise money for a defibrillator and have agreed to pay some money towards the cost. Welsh Newton YFC will confirm to the Clerk the amount of money they will be contributing.
6.1.1. The Council RESOLVED to proceed with adopting the BT Phone Kiosk. Clerk to action emailing BT.
6.2. The Bank Balance was noted as £6802.19 and budget spend was reviewed in preparation for discussion about precept budget.
6.3. The Council discussed the Precept 2017/18 budget and RESOLVED to request a £6000 precept to include money for Lengthsman Scheme and P3 Scheme now that the grant has been reduced. Clerk to complete the Expression of Interest form for Lengthsman and P3 Scheme for 20-17/18. Clerk to action submitting Precept Form and Expression of Interest Form for Lengthsman and P3 Scheme by 31st Dec.
6.4. The Council RESOLVED to pay the invoice for the Defibrillator £500, once they have heard from Welsh Newton YFC. Clerk to action.
6.5. There were no financial risks identified by the Parish Council at the meeting.

7. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
7.1. Tracy Knights reported that he had completed maintenance work in the Parish. Tracy also reported that Footpath SW11 has a closure notice on due to a dangerous pond. Clerk to find out more about this. Clerk to action
7.2. The Clerk gave the Council an update on car park bay line marking and re-marking the bus stop – this work has been booked in for Wed 21st Dec, weather permitting. Clerk to arrange putting notices up and Tracy to ensure Car Park is cleaned ready for painting to be completed. Clerk and Tracy to action

8. Planning
8.1. The Council considered the following planning applications:
8.1.1. 163408 – Corner Cottage, St Weonards, proposed replacement agricultural/workshop building – The Council RESOLVED that they had no objections to this planning application. Clerk to action replying by 9th Dec.
8.1.2. 161930 – Northgates Farm, St Weonards, amended application for erection of an agricultural building for free range egg production with associated feed bins, hardstandings and access improvements – The Council RESOLVED that they had no objections to this planning application. Clerk to action replying 13th Dec.
8.2. The Council noted the update sheet on current planning applications.
8.3. The Council discussed the correspondence email received from Rachael Walker from RCA Regeneration with reference to the outline proposal for housing development on Whistance land in St Weonards village. Clerk to arrange a working group (Parish Councillors and Cllr Harlow) to meet Rachael Walker at Jan or Feb meeting. Clerk to action. The Council asked Cllr Harlow if he could speak to Planning Officer(s) involved in this planning application and also the Duchy of Cornwall planning application to ensure that consistency is applied to both applications. Cllr Harlow to action

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.

10. The following items to be put on the agenda for next meeting – invite Rachael Walker to Jan or Feb meeting, annual maintenance budget reviewed and submitted by end of Feb.

11. The date of next meeting will be in Monday 9th January 2017 at 7.30pm.