Ordinary Meeting Minutes 3rd December 2018

Mtg no 38

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 3rd December 2018 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Richard Williams, Peter Gebbie, Mrs Laura Williams Julian Evans and Rob Bowen

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer) and 2 members of the public

1. There were apologies received from Cllr David Harlow (County Cllr).

2. There were no declarations of interest or dispensations.

3. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 12th November 2018 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting so there was nothing further to report from Dave.
4.1.1. The Council asked if Cllr Gebbie would be able to ask Bruce Evans about more information with regards to the specification for the passing places on the lane at the bottom of Church Hill. Cllr Gebbie to action
4.1.2. The Council asked if Cllr Evans would look at the passing places and suggest specification for the passing places so that the Parish Council has an idea of what they require so that can get a price. Cllr Evans to action
4.2. County Councillor David Harlow was unable to attend the meeting but had sent a report to the Parish Councillors, which was available at the meeting.
4.3. Clerk to forward report from West Mercia Police to Councillors. Clerk to action
4.4. Residents Views – There were no views raised.

5. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
5.1. Tracy Knights reported back to the Council on his inspection of the footpath bridges. They are all ok and do not need any further work carried out.
5.1.1. Tracy also reported back on the amount of salt grit and sand that is in store for the Parish Council. ½ tonne at Ron Evans’ and 1 tonne at Thornley’s. No sand bags left. Clerk to get a quote on cost of sand bags and sand. Clerk to action
5.2. The Council RESOLVED for Tracy Knights to complete winter maintenance around the parish and a general litter pick to help keep Parish tidy. Tracy to action
5.2.1. The Council asked if the Clerk could put a link from the Parish website to the Herefordshire Council’s website to the winter gritting routes and how to report a pothole. Clerk to action

6. Finances
6.1. The Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance to be £5034.77 on 1/12/18 and budget spend was reviewed.
6.2. After a lengthy discussion, the Council RESOLVED the Parish Precept for 2019/20 to be £6700. The increase is reflecting inflation and a contribution towards absorbing the withdrawal of the funding towards the P3 and Lengthsman Schemes at Herefordshire Council.
6.3. The Council RESOLVED payment of the following invoices: –
6.3.1. Autela Payroll Services Q3 Invoice 14325 – £39+VAT – Cheque 100441
6.3.2. Clerks salary for December – £277.06 – Cheque 100442
6.3.3. HMRC PAYE (months 4, 5 &6) £207.98 – Cheque 100443
6.4. The Council RESOLVED to donate £50 to Dore Community Transport – Cheque 100444
6.5. There were no financial risks identified by the Council.

7. Planning Applications
7.1.1. The Council considered the following planning application: Planning Applications 184288 – The Haskells, Broad Oak, Herefordshire, Proposed change of use of agricultural building to a dwelling house. Reply by 13th Dec. The Council RESOLVED that they support this application and there were no objections.
7.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications

8. Parish Update
8.1. The Clerk updated the Council on the official opening of the BT Phone Box and Defibrillator. It has been agreed to meet for a photograph on 12th Dec. Hoping to get a feature in the Hereford Times.

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet

10. The Council RESOLVED for the following items to be on the agenda for the next meeting: quote for sand and sand bags and quoted for Car Park sign and directional sign to Village Hall and Shop (double sided sign). Clerk to action

11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 11th March 2019 at 7.30pm

Meeting closed 8.55pm