Ordinary Meeting Minutes 2nd Dec 2019

Mtg no:  049

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 2nd December 2019 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie, Rob Bowen, Richard Williams and Laura Williams

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), County Cllr Toni Fagan, Tracy Knights and 2 members of the public

1. There were no apologies received.

2. There were no declarations of interest for any agenda items at the beginning of the meeting, but Cllr P Gebbie declared an interest during discussions on item 4.2.1.2 as he is a key policy holder in the Flooding investigation works at Herefordshire Council. Cllr Gebbie signed the declarations of interest book.

3. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 11th November 2019 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. Residents Views :–
4.1.1. There were none received.
4.2. County Cllr Toni Fagan reported the following:
4.2.1. Cllr Fagan had sent a report to the Councillors which will also be available on the Parish Council website. The main highlights from her report were:
4.2.1.1. There will more news on the bypass in February
4.2.1.2. Flooding that has recently happened, Herefordshire Council need as much information about the recent floods in October and November – please report information to Balfour Beatty via their website, email or phone
4.2.1.3. Review of core strategy to happen soon
4.2.1.4. Discussions about GP super hub at Hillside in Hereford
4.3. James Howell, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting but the Clerk had circulated the weekly reports to the Councillors. The Councillors asked the Clerk to report the following potholes to Balfour Beatty through the reporting app on Herefordshire Council:
4.3.1. Glasshouse road – lots of potholes, Three Ashes road and potholes by Northgates. Clerk to action
4.3.2. Any flooding issues from recent floods in October and November to be reported to Balfour Beatty via the website, phone or email. All information will help to assist with funding
4.3.3. The Isles of Dogs road is closed until further notice or the work has been carried out

5. Sandyway
5.1. The Clerk updated the Parish Council on Sandyway road. James Howell the Balfour Beatty Locality Steward reported back to the Clerk that the Traffic Engineers had reviewed the proposed measures suggested to improve the road safety on Sandyway on A466 and that they have submitted a proposal to Herefordshire Council about the works. They will report back to the Council. Clerk to chase an update for the February meeting. Clerk to action

6. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
6.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman, confirmed that he had completed the usual maintenance in the Parish.
6.2. The Parish Council asked if Tracy Knights could speak to Ron Evans about storing the 1 ton of salt. Tracy to action.

7. Finances
7.1. The Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance to be £6161.15 on 1/12/19 and budget spend was reviewed and on track for the end of the financial year.
7.2. The Council RESOLVED payment of the following invoices: –
7.2.1. Clerks salary for Dec- £277.06 – Chq 100481
7.2.2. HMRC £207.80 – Chq 100483
7.2.3. Autela Payroll Services £47.08 – Chq 100484
7.3. The Parish Council RESOLVED to raise the Parish Precept for 2020-21 by 3%, which is in line with inflation = £6900. Clerk to action
7.4. The Parish Council discussed the following financial risks to the Parish Council and RESOLVED the following
7.4.1. The Clerk to arrange for the bank mandate forms to be signed and returned to the Bank. Clerk to action

8. Planning Applications
8.1. The Council considered the planning application.
8.1.1. There were no planning applications received.
8.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.
9.1. The Clerk read out the letter from Dore Community Transport asking for a donation. The Council RESOLVED to send a £50 donation – Chq 100485. Clerk to action

10. The following items were raised for the next meeting: Sandyway.

11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 10th February 2020 at 7.45pm

Meeting closed 8.40pm