Mtg No: 60
ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 13th September 2021
at 8pm at St Weonards Village Hall
Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie, Laura Williams, Robert Bowen, Mat Preece and Richard Williams
In attendance: County Cllr Toni Fagan, Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council) and 4 members of the public
1. Apologies – none were received.
2. There were no declaration of interests raised.
3. The Parish Council RESOLVED to adopt and sign the ordinary minutes of the meeting held on 13th September 2021.
4. Open discussion (limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each)
4.1. Residents Views: – There were none raised.
4.1.1. The Clerk updated the Council on the situation
4.2. Cllr Toni Fagan Ward Councillor Report: – Cllr Fagan sent her report to the Parish Clerk to circulate to the Councillors, but highlighted the following salient points:
4.2.1. Cllr Fagan updated the Council on the Community Grants that are available for Village Halls, active wellbeing and mental wellbeing.
4.2.2. Llanwarne Village Hall are setting up a Community Hub in the hall.
4.2.3. The roads network has been described as “being in a managed decline” and will need investment.
4.2.4. Budget consultation is now active.
4.2.5. Climate and Ecological Boards are looking for people to join it.
4.2.6. Planning Enforcement are having problems – they do not have enough officers currently.
5. Planning Applications
5.1. The Parish Council considered the following planning applications:
5.1.1. Planning Application – 212199 – Carwendy Farm, St Weonards, Herefordshire, HR2 8QF, Proposed rural tourism venture, to include: conversion of two barns to provide 2 no. holiday lets, proposed 3 no. new holiday let units, proposed recreation barn with indoor swimming pool and separate proposed BB pavilion, use of existing bungalow as holiday let, car parking and landscaping. After visiting the site and listening to local residents views at the meeting, the Council RESOLVED to reply with the following comments:
“Parish Clerk responding on behalf of St Weonards Parish Council: St Weonards Parish Council have visited the proposed site at Carwendy Farm and feel that the proposed plans are acceptable as to what is planned to make the site into a rural tourism venture.
The Parish Council do share the same concerns as the local community on the following areas:
1) Public Safety – With regards to the increased volume of traffic on the existing narrow lanes in and around the site. There will be an increase not only in vehicular traffic but cyclists and walkers, potentially with young families as well. The area is a rural area with lots of large agricultural traffic travelling the roads.
2) Noise pollution from the site to the surrounding local community.
3) Access – the proposed access is right next to an existing dwelling and straight on to a narrow rural road, so care needs to be taken in its location to reduce impact on this property. There was also confusion over the exact location of the access – may be the applicant would be able to clarify this please.
4) The proposed site and access is very intrusive to an existing dwelling which is located next to the proposed site and access. There is real concern to the immediate impact on the privacy to this dwelling and its occupants.”
5.1.2. Planning application 213183 – St. Weonards, Birch, Palace Farm St Weonards Hereford HR2 8PL, Palace Farm St Weonards Hereford HR2 8PL. Change of use of annexe to house to holiday let unit. (Retrospective). The Council RESOLVED that they supported this application. Clerk to action
5.1.3. Planning Application 213393 – St. Weonards, Birch, Trelasdee Farm St Weonards Hereford Herefordshire HR2 8PU, Trelasdee Farm St Weonards Hereford Herefordshire HR2 8PU, Prior Notification for proposed construction of a Winter fill water storage reservoir. The Council noted receipt of this application of notification.
5.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications.
6. Village Hall:
6.1. The Parish Council received a quick update on the Village Hall. The situation remains the same with no new committee members. There is still no further clarity on who owns the Village Hall. Further investigations to continue.
6.2. The Council RESOLVED to elect two Parish Council representative to the Village Hall Committee. These were Cllr R Bowen and Cllr M Preece.
7. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
7.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman, had been carrying out the usual maintenance. The Council thanked Tracy for all his work.
7.2. The Clerk informed the Council that she had received some useful information on riparian guidelines for councils and landowners. Clerk to put these guidelines on the website. Clerk to action
8.1. The Council noted the Bank Balance and reconciliation. The Bank Balance was £4476.63 on 12/9/21.
8.2. The Council noted payment of the following invoices:
8.2.1. Clerks Salary for August – Chq 100548
8.2.2. Data Protection Fee – £35 direct debit
8.3. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices: –
8.3.1. Clerks salary for September – Chq 100549
8.3.2. HMRC payment months 4-6 – £138.80 – Chq 100551
8.3.3. Garren Services Lengthsman: inv 900 £15 – Chq -100550
8.3.4. Autela Payroll Services Inv 7031 – £42+VAT – Chq 100552
8.4. There were no financial risks to the Parish Council identified
9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.
10. The following items were raised for the next meeting: Village Hall update
11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 8th November at 8pm at St Weonards Village Hall.
Meeting closed 9.20pm