ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL
DRAFT Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 13th March 2017 at 7.30pm
Councillors Present: Cllrs M Cain (Chair), Cllr J Evans, Mrs L Williams and R Williams
In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman), David Harlow (County Cllr), David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty) and 5 members of the public
1. Co-options – None
2. Apologies – None
3. Declarations of Interests – None
4. The minutes from the meeting held on 13th February 2017 were signed and adopted.
5. Open Public Session
5.1. Report from David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
5.1.1. David Atkinson had nothing further to report than his weekly reports. He wanted to draw the Council attention to the Highways Maintenance Plan that is on the Herefordshire Council website.
5.2. Report from County Councillor David Harlow
5.2.1. Cllr Harlow had sent a report to the Council and had nothing further to add.
5.3. Report from West Mercia Police
5.3.1. Clerk to circulated the most current Police Briefing to all Councillors and to put the report on the website. Clerk to action.
5.4. Views of Local Residents
5.4.1. A Resident asked if the Parish Council could look into the traffic calming at the top of Church Hill especially after the recent accident. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to send email to Herefordshire Council via Cllr Harlow. Clerk to action
6. Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP)
6.1. The Council RESOLVED to put NDP on the May agenda. Clerk to email Councillors the NPD leaflet that she has done before for another Parish Council. Clerk to action
7. Planning Applications
7.1. To consider planning applications received
7.1.1. Planning Application 170467 – Furnace Farm, Old Furnace Road, St Weonards, Herefordshire, HR2 8NZ, Variation of Condition 2 of permission 102491 (Conversion of existing building to form two residential dwellings, new access road and ancillary development) – amendments to plans. Reply by 16/3/17. The Council RESOLVED they had no objections to this planning application. Clerk to action
7.1.2. Planning Application 170533 – The Poplands, St Weonards, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8PL, Proposed dependents ancillary annexe. Reply by 31/3/17. The Council will have a look at the planning and respond back to the Clerk. Clerk to action
7.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications
8. The Clerk updated the Council on adopting the BT Kiosk (listed phone box) in St Weonards and there is a 90 day consultation period with Herefordshire Council. With regards to the position of the defibrillator in St Weonards Village, the Council RESOLVED for it to be erected on the Village Hall. Cllr R Williams will talk to Village Hall Committee and report back to the Clerk. Clerk will speak to Richard Craig Electrician about erecting it. Clerk to speak to Welsh Newton Young Farmers Club to see if they would still like to donate towards the defibrillator. Clerk to action
9. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
9.1. Tracy Knights, Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer had reported a leak to Welsh Water and we had completed some ditch work.
10.1. The Bank Balance was £5018.62 on 13/3/17 and the end of year budget spend was within budget.
10.2. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices. Clerk to action.
10.2.1. Tracy Knights, Lengthsman Invoice 643 for work carried out £1465
10.2.2. HALC invoice 7345 for subscription fee 2017/18 £306.82 plus VAT
10.3. The Council RESOLVED to donate £500 to St Weonards Village Hall
10.4. The Council noted receipt of Lengthsman Grant Payment £747.18
10.5. The Council had no financial risks to the Parish Council to raise
11. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.
12. The following items to be put on the agenda for next meeting – Neighbourhood Development Planning, sign from car park to shop and defibrillator update.
13. The date of next meeting will be in Monday 10th April 2017 at 7.30pm.