Mtg No: 37
ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 12th November 2018 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm
Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie, Rob Bowen, Laura Williams and Richard Williams
In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer) and 2 members of the public
1. There were apologies received from Cllr Julian Evans and County Cllr David Harlow.
2. Declarations of interest:– There were none.
3. The Ordinary minutes of the meeting held on 8th Oct were adopted and signed.
4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting and there was nothing more to report from Dave Atkinson.
4.1.1. Clerk spoke to Dave about costings of BBLP completing passing places on land at bottom of Church Hill. Parish Council to provide BBLP with the specifications of the size of the passing places so they can be priced up. Clerk to action speaking to Dave
4.1.2. Dave will chase up the work on the drain by house below Village Hall. It has been reported and is in the system.
4.2. County Councillor David Harlow had sent a report to the Parish Councillors, which were available at the meeting.
4.3. Residents Views – There were none.
5. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
5.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman reported that he had completed general maintenance around St Weonards village.
5.2. The Parish Council asked if Tracy could check the state of the two bridges in the parish and check the levels of salt grit and sand bags we have in stock and report back at the next meeting. Will the Parish Council need to purchase any of these items ready for the winter maintenance? Tracy to action.
6.1. The Council had received no planning application was to review at the meeting.
6.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications.
7.1. The HSBC Bank balance was noted as £5391.63 on 5th November
7.2. The Council RESOLVED to increase the Parish Precept by 3% for 2019/2020 and suggested a figure of £7000. The final figure be reviewed and decided at the December meeting.
7.3. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices. Clerk to action
7.3.1. Tracy Knights Garren Services – invoice 719 – £45 – Chq 100438
7.3.2. Clerks salary for November – £276.86 – Chq 100439
7.3.3. Royal British Legion Poppy Wreath – £20 – Chq 100440
7.4. No financial risks to the Parish Council were identified.
8. Update from Clerk on:
8.1. Clerk to arrange an official opening for the refurbished BT phone box. To speak to St Weonards School, St Weonards PPC and Mike Cain to represent the Parish Council. Clerk to action
9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.
10. The Council RESOLVED for the following items to be on next meeting agenda: final confirmation of Parish Precept.
11. The date of the next Parish Council meeting will be held on Monday 3rd December 2018 at 7.30pm at St Weonards Village Hall.
Meeting closed 8.40pm