Ordinary Meeting Minutes 10th September 2018

Mtg no 35

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 10th September 2018 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair) and Laura Williams.

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), David Harlow (County Cllr) and 3 members of the public

1. There were apologies received from Cllrs Julian Evans, Rob Bowen, Peter Gebbie and Richard Williams, Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer) and David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty)

1.1. As there was not a quorum of Councillors present at the Ordinary Parish Council meeting the Parish Councillors present could resolve any resolutions. Therefore the following are notes on the items that could be reported on and did not need to be resolved by the Parish Council.

2. Declarations of interest:– There was none.

3. The Ordinary minutes of meeting held on 9thth July 2018 could not be adopted and signed due item 1.1 above. The minutes would need to be put on the agenda for adoption at the meeting to be held on 8th Oct. Clerk to action

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting. Nothing to report from Dave Atkinson.
4.2. County Councillor David Harlow had sent a report to the Parish Councillors, which was available at the meeting and was available to discuss any points raised. The one issue that was raised was the increased amount of fly tipping in the St Weonards/Garway/Llangarron Parishes over the summer months. The Clerk has reported these via the Herefordshire Council website.
4.3. Clerk to forward report from West Mercia Police to Councillors. Clerk to action
4.4. Residents Views –
4.4.1. There were one issues raised about a blocked drain on A466 5m from the drive by Tythe Barn – two houses south of the village hall. At the end of August there was a flash flood as a result of heavy rain during thunderstorms and the water ended up flooding a downstairs room in the residents’ property. Clerk to speak to David Atkinson to look into clearing this drain. Clerk to action

5. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
5.1. As Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman was unable to attend there was nothing further to report.

6. Planning
6.1. There were no planning applications to review at the meeting.
6.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications.

7. Finances
7.1. The HSBC Bank balance was noted as £2969.53 on 5th August.
7.2. The Council was unable to resolve to pay the following invoices due to item 1.1 above. Therefore the Clerk will include these items for payment on the next meeting on 8th Oct. Clerk to action
7.2.1. Autela Payroll Services for Invoice 14022 Q2 (Jul, Aug & Sep) = £39 +VAT
7.2.2. HALC training course fees for Clerk – Invoice H387 GDPR training 11th April £10+ VAT and Invoice H396 Audit Training 17th April £10+VAT = £20+VAT
7.2.3. HMRC payment for Q2 2018-19 – £162.55
7.2.4. Tracy Knights Garren Services – invoice £45
7.3. The Parish Precept form to complete for 2019/2020 by 31st Dec 2018 was noted.
7.4. The payment of £35 via direct debit for Data Payment was noted on 30th August.
7.5. No financial risks to the Parish Council were identified.

8. Update from Clerk on:
8.1. There was nothing further to update on the passing places. Clerk to chase up costings from Dave Atkinson. Clerk to action
8.2. Clerk to arrange an official opening for the refurbished BT phone box. Clerk to action
8.3. Defibrillator training dates in Sept/Oct – arranged for 13th Sept and 4th Oct. See website for details.
8.4. Nothing further to update on the GDRP action list.

9. The correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet was noted

10. To consider items for next meeting: adopt and sign minutes from 9th July, approve payments under item 7 Finance

11. To consider date of next meeting Monday 8th October 2018 at 7.30pm at St Weonards Village Hall.

Meeting closed 8.15pm