Ordinary Meeting 11th November 2019

Mtg No: 48

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 11th November 2019 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie, Rob Bowen and Laura Williams

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), County Cllr Toni Fagan and no members of the public

1. There were apologies received from Cllrs Richard Williams and County Cllr Fagan

2. There were no declarations of interest for any agenda items.

3. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 14th October 2019 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. Residents Views :–
4.1.1. The Parish Council had received an update from the Clerk to confirm that Treago Estate via their Land Agent Savills had completed clearing the garden space behind the Village Hall of the overgrown vegetation. The Parish Council thanked Treago Estate for completing the work so promptly.
4.2. County Cllr Toni Fagan reported the following:
4.2.1. Cllr Fagan was unable to attend the meeting therefore there was nothing further to report.
4.3. James Howell, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting but the Clerk had circulated the weekly reports to the Councillors. Nothing further to report to James.

5. Sandyway
5.1. The Clerk updated the Parish Council on the options and findings since the last meeting. The Clerk had emailed Balfour Beatty (BBLP) to ask about the cost of the works suggested to help with reducing speed and improving safety on the A466 by Sandyway, but due to the volume of work produced and emergency calls from the flooding situation recently, BBLP has not be able to respond. The Clerk will chase up in a few weeks once the flooding backlog has been reduced. Clerk to action
5.2. The Clerk has also received feedback from Ian Connolly Traffic Management Advisor, West Mercia Police Road Safety that he agreed with the suggestions given by BBLP and also had not suggested a speed limit due to the small stretch of road that Sandyway covers and it would not have any impact on drivers to reduce their speed. It is felt that other improvements suggested (signage and white line removal) would have more impact on drivers’ speed.
5.3. Clerk to ask James Howell, BBLP Locality Steward if he would be able to come out and speak to the Parish Council about the suggested options for Sandyway. Clerk to action
5.4. Clerk to update Cllr Fagan on the above. Clerk to action

6. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
6.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman, confirmed that he had completed the usual maintenance on the car park by the School.
6.2. The Parish Council asked if Tracy Knights could check on the salt bins in the parish and complete any maintenance work in flood hotspots.
6.3. The Clerk confirmed that BBLP have asked if the Council would like 1 ton of salt delivered loose to an address in St Weonards. Clerk to confirm details.

7. Finances
7.1. The Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance to be £6513.01 on 5/11/19 and budget spend was reviewed and on track for the end of the financial year.
7.2. The Council RESOLVED payment of the following invoices: –
7.2.1. Tracy Knights Lengthsman Invoice 783 – £75 – Chq100479
7.2.2. Clerks salary for Nov- £276.86 – Chq 100480
7.3. The Parish Council RESOLVED to raise the Parish Precept for 2020-21 by 3%, which is in line with inflation = £6900. Clerk to action
7.4. The Parish Council discussed the following financial risks to the Parish Council and RESOLVED the following
7.4.1. The Parish Council adopted the new financial regulations and Clerk to update and circulate. Clerk to action
7.4.2. The Clerk updated the Parish Council that Cllr R Williams will need to update his details with HSBC bank and then Internet banking can be set up. Clerk to action.

8. Planning Applications
8.1. The Council considered the planning application.
8.1.1. Planning Application 193783 Furnace Farm, St Weonards – Application for approval of details reserved by conditions 12 & 13 attached to planning permission 172488. The Council RESOLVED that they needed to review this further before a decision can be agreed.
8.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications

9. Defibrillator
9.1. The Clerk updated the Council that the defibrillator pads and battery have been renewed and will not need renewing until 1st Feb 2022. The defibrillator has also been registered on a site called The Circuit who holds a National database for defibrillators in the UK.

10. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.

11. The following items were raised for the next meeting: Finalise Parish Precept.

12. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 2nd December 2019 at 7.30pm

Meeting closed 7.45pm