Minutes of Ordinary Virtual Meeting 8th March 2021

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Virtual Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 8th March 2021 at
7.30pm via a Zoom Virtual Meeting

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie, Mat Preece and Rob Bowen

In attendance: County Cllr Toni Fagan and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council) and 1 members of the public

1. Apologies were received from Cllr Laura Williams and Richard Williams.

2. There was no declaration of interests raised.

3. The Parish Council RESOLVED to adopt and electronically sign the ordinary minutes of the meeting held on 11th January 2021.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. Residents Views: – There were none raised.
4.2. Cllr Toni Fagan Ward Councillor Report: – Cllr Fagan sent her report to the Parish Clerk to circulate to the Councillors, but highlighted the following salient points:
4.2.1. Cllr Fagan had raised a motion to the full Council about the issues of flooding and chemical failings on the River Wye. There was unanimous support for the motion, and it had been forwarded to the local MP.
4.2.2. Council Tax has been set.
4.2.3. Cllr Liz Harvey congratulated Parish Councils for supporting their communities.
4.2.4. There will be a focus on Litter Campaigns and Cllr Fagan had bags and litter pickers if anyone wanted to collect litter.
4.2.5. There are structural issues with the Shire Hall and it is in terrible condition.
5. Sandyway and A466 update:
5.1. The Parish Councillors and Cllr Fagan had a meeting with the Planning Officer over the S106 monies planning application for St Weonards based on the two proposed housing developments and the impacts that it will have on the village. Following the meeting, Cllr Fagan spoke to Bruce Evans from Highways and Mark Lewis and will ask if there is any way that the S106 monies can be used for not only St Weonards village but also be used on the Sandyway stretch of road. The thoughts are that the housing developments will also impact on the Sandyway part of the A466 as well as St Weonards village. Cllr Fagan to update the Clerk

6. Planning Applications
6.1. There were no planning applications to be considered.
6.2. The Parish Council received an update from the January meeting held with the Planning Officer on the requirements for S106 Monies pending agreement for St Weonards PC and the details had been noted in item 5 above under Sandyway and A466 update.
6.3. The Council noted the update on current planning applications.

7. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
7.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman, had been carrying out the usual maintenance as when it has been safe to do so during lockdown.
7.1.1. The Clerk reported that Tracy Knights had refurbished the British Legion Bench on the mound at St Weonards and it looks fantastic. The Council thanked Tracy for a great job.
7.2. The Clerk confirmed that she had received confirmation that the Council had now received full 100% Drainage Grant submitted – £6300. Council have signed the contract form and the Clerk has returned it. The grant money needs to be spent before the 31st March 2021. The Clerk has spoken with Tracy and he will do his best to complete the work before the end of March.
7.3. The Clerk to email James Howell to report the excess mud on the land by Fishpool Lane. Clerk to action
7.4. The Council RESOLVED to continue with the Lengthsman and P3 Scheme for 2021/22. Clerk to action

8. Finances
8.1. The Council noted the Bank Balance and reconciliation. The Bank Balance was £5944.32 on 5/2/21.
8.2. The Parish Council noted the payment of the following invoices:
8.2.1. Clerks’ salary for Feb – Chq 100523
8.2.2. Garren Services Lengthsman: inv 860 £60 and inv 868 £129 = £189 – Chq 100524
8.3. The Council RESOLVED payment of the following: –
8.3.1. Clerks’ salary for March £411.77 – Chq 100525
8.3.2. HMRC payment £476.06 – Chq 100526
8.3.3. Zoom subscription for Jan and Feb 2 x £14.39 inc VAT = £28.78 paid by Clerk – Chq 100527 & 100529
8.3.4. HALC Subs 2021/22 inv H1276 – £334.26+VAT – Chq 100528
8.4. Financial Risks:
8.4.1. There were no other financial risks identified.

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.

10. The following items were raised for the next meeting: Drainage Grant money update.

11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 10th May at 7.30pm either at St Weonards Village Hall or via Zoom Virtual Meeting – depending on COVID Guidelines.

Meeting closed 8.10pm