Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 8th November 2021

Mtg No: 060


Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 8th November 2021
at 8pm at St Weonards Village Hall


Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie, Laura Williams, Robert Bowen and Richard Williams

In attendance: County Cllr Toni Fagan, Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council) and 4 members of the public


1. Apologies – apologies were received from Cllr M Preece

2. There were no declaration of interests raised.

3. The Parish Council RESOLVED to adopt and sign the ordinary minutes of the meeting held on 13th September 2021.

4. Open discussion (limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each)
4.1. Residents Views: – There were none raised.

5.1. Cllr Toni Fagan Ward Councillor Report: – Cllr Fagan will send the Leaders report to the Parish Clerk to circulate to the Councillors, but highlighted the following salient points:
5.1.1. Cllr Fagan updated the Parish Council on the issues with hedgerows at Three Ashes – the hedgerow was opened up to get chicken manure in and out the field. The Hedgerow Enforcement Officer looked at it and said that it was ok as just widening the gateway. With regards to the one in St Weonards, Cllr Fagan is still waiting on feedback. Cllr Fagan said that anyone can email the CEO at Herefordshire Council or CPRE about the Hedgerow manifesto and retaining soil and preventing flooding.
5.1.2. Broadband rollout in this area is currently floundering so there is a need to look at other options. Herefordshire Community Network have done some work in rural areas. Email Cllr Fagan if you know of any areas that are hard to reach in Herefordshire.
5.2. Clerk’s Report:
5.2.1. The Clerk updated the Council that she needed to get a copy of the Riparian Guidelines and would then upload them on to the website.
5.3. Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer report:
5.3.1. Tracy Knights had done the usual tidy up work around St Weonards village.
5.4. James Howell, Locality Steward report:
5.4.1. Nothing to report

6. Planning Applications
6.1. The Parish Council considered the following planning applications:
6.1.1. Planning Application – Planning Application 213740 – Velindra Farm, The Velindra, St Weonards, – Proposed conversion and alterations of a traditional bar to create two residential dwellings. Reply by 9th Nov. The Council RESOLVED to note the application as it is a retrospective planning application.
6.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications.

7. Village Hall:
7.1. The Parish Council had nothing further to report on the Village Hall situation currently.

9. Finances
9.1. The Council noted the Bank Balance and reconciliation. The Bank Balance was £6971.89 on 8/11/21.
9.2. The Council RESOLVED to raise the precept this year for the first time in 2 years. The precept for 2022/23 with be £7,500. Clerk to action
9.3. The Council noted the second precept instalment – £3450.00
9.4. The Council noted payment of the following invoices:
9.4.1. Clerks Salary October – Chq 100553
9.5. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices: –
9.5.1. Clerks salary for November – Chq 100556
9.5.2. Garren Services Lengthsman: inv 913 £15 and Inv 918 £60 = £85 – Chq 100554
9.5.3. Poppy Wreath for village £20 – Chq 100555
9.6. The Council did not identify any financial risks.

10. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.

11. The following items were raised for the next meeting:

12. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 10th January 2022 at 8pm at St Weonards Village Hall.

Meeting closed 9pm