Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 5th July 2021

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 5th July 2021 at
8pm at St Weonards Village Hall

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie, and Laura Williams

In attendance: County Cllr Toni Fagan, Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman) and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council) and 1 members of the public

1. Apologies were received from Cllr Robert Bowen, Mat Preece and Richard Williams.

2. There was no declaration of interests raised.

3. The Parish Council RESOLVED to adopt and signed the ordinary minutes of the meeting held on 18th May 2021.

4. Open discussion (limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each)
4.1. Residents Views: – There were none raised.
4.2. Cllr Toni Fagan Ward Councillor Report: – Cllr Fagan sent her report to the Parish Clerk to circulate to the Councillors, but highlighted the following salient points:
4.2.1. Cllr Fagan updated the Council on the Freeman’s Development at Clifton House in St Weonards – there is a hold up on the 106 agreement, but planning permission is expected to be granted soon.
4.2.2. CPRE, funded by Environment Agency, are looking to test the phosphates in the River Wye via Citizen Scientists Scheme. The Citizen Scientists are volunteers from the local community who will be able to run tests on the Gamber and Garren Brooks. Anybody interested in becoming at Citizen Scientist to contact Cllr Fagan or Parish Clerk.
4.2.3. A £6M Covid Recovery Plan for Businesses for a fairer and greener business recovery.
4.2.4. £22M Hereford Town Invest Plan has been secured which will include moving the Library to Maylords and the current Library to become a museum.
4.2.5. Southside Project for deprived areas in Hereford.
4.2.6. Electric Buses to help improve travel in and around Hereford.
4.2.7. Eastern River Crossing – link from Rotherwas to City.

5. Village Hall:
5.1. The Parish Councillors discussed the concerns over the future of the Village Hall Committee and therefore the Village Hall. The current committee are looking for new members as many of the current members have been on the Committee for several years. The Council RESOLVED to gain clarity of who owns the Village Hall and therefore who is responsible for it going forward. Cllr Cain to speak to some of the current Committee members to gain clarification. Cllr Cain to action
5.2. The next step would be to contact the Land Registry.

6. Planning Applications
6.1. The Parish Council considered the following planning applications:
6.1.1. Planning Application 212179 – Land adjacent to Clifton House, St Weonards, Proposed 2 x free standing sign boards, 1 x lettering on show home and 3 x flagpole signs. The Council RESOLVED that they had no objections to this application. Clerk to action replying
6.1.2. Planning Application 212445 – Rhydicar Mill. The Councillors will review the application and respond to the Clerk with their comments.
6.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications.

7. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
7.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman, had been carrying out the usual maintenance and has completed the upgrade of the Parish Noticeboard. The Council thanked Tracy for all his work.

8. Finances
8.1. The Council noted the Bank Balance and reconciliation. The Bank Balance was £6150.34 on 4/7/21.
8.2. The Council noted receipt of the payment of the following:
8.2.1. VAT reclaim £833.55
8.2.1.1. Drainage Grant reclaim – £3880.49
8.3. The Council noted payment of the following invoices:
8.3.1. Donation to OWLS – £100 – Chq 100539
8.3.2. Clerks Salary for June – Chq 100538
8.3.3. Community First Insurance – £175.21 – Chq 100537
8.4. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices: –
8.4.1.1. Clerks’ salary for July – Chq 100542
8.4.2. HMRC payment months 1-3 in 2021 £208.20 and months 7-9 56.80 = £265 – Chq 100541
8.4.3. Internal Auditor fee – Isobelle Bevan – £40 – Chq 100540
8.4.4. Garren Services Lengthsman: inv 890 – £90 – Chq 100543
8.4.5. Clerks Expenses – Microsoft 356 annual renewal subscription £59.99 – Chq 100544
8.4.6. Eyelid Productions – Inv 2650 – £100 – Chq 100545
8.4.7. Autela Payroll Services Inv 6430 – £42 – Chq 100546
8.5. There were no financial risks to the Parish Council identified
8.6. The Council will review the Standing Orders and Financial Regulations at the September meeting. Clerk to action

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.

10. The following items were raised for the next meeting: Village Hall update

11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 13th September at 8pm at St Weonards Village Hall.

Meeting closed 8.50pm