Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 11th January 2021

Mtg No: 55

 

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Virtual Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 12th January 2021 at
7.30pm via a Zoom Virtual Meeting

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Laura Williams, Richard Williams, Peter Gebbie and Mat Preece

In attendance: County Cllr Toni Fagan and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council) and 4 members of the public

1. Apologies were received from Cllr Rob Bowen.

2. There were no declaration of interests raised.

3. The Parish Council RESOLVED to adopt and electronically sign the ordinary minutes of the meeting held on 23rd November.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. Residents Views: –
4.1.1. Sandyway A466 update – The Clerk had nothing further to update the Parish Council on this item and nor did Cllr Fagan or the Sandyway residents.
4.2. County Cllr Toni Fagan reported the following:
4.2.1. Cllr Fagan attended the meeting and had sent her report to the Parish Council along with one from Cllr Hitchener. Cllr Fagan drew the Councillors attention to the following points from the report:
4.2.1.1. COVID has taken over again as the main focus. Schools have restricted numbers, but there are more children in school compared to the previous lockdown.
4.3. James Howell, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting, but the Clerk had circulated the weekly reports to the Councillors.

5. Planning Applications
5.1. The Council considered the planning application.
5.1.1. The Parish Council have a virtual meeting arranged on Wednesday 20th January 2-3pm with the Planning Officer Heather Carlisle to discuss the areas the S106 monies could be spent on in St Weonards village. The Parish Council discussed the requirements they felt would be beneficial from the S106 Monies pending agreement – the main focus will be on the impacts the two housing developments would have on the village and the A466 road. Can the S106 monies be pooled from both developments? At what point will the funds be released? How will they manage the spending of the money?
5.1.2. Planning Application – 204405 – St. Weonards, Birch, Brinstone Farm St Weonards Hereford Herefordshire HR2 8NZ, Brinstone Farm St Weonards Hereford Herefordshire HR2 8NZ, Application for approval of details reserved by condition 3 attached to planning permission 184651. The Parish Council noted the update on this application.
5.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications.

6. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
6.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman, had been carrying out the usual maintenance as when it has been safe to do so during lockdown.
6.1.1. The Clerk reported that Tracy Knights had to looked at the British Legion Bench on the mound at St Weonards and will clean and tidy it up. He had also looked at the noticeboard and the glass is all frosted up and will either need replacing or a new noticeboard. Clerk to action speaking to Tracy about the Noticeboard
6.1.2. Clerk to order sandbags and salt grit after Tracy Knights has checked what is remaining. Clerk/Tracy to action
6.2. The Clerk confirmed that she had received confirmation that the Council had received 55% (£3465) of the Drainage Grant submitted (£6300). Council to sign the contract form and send back. Clerk to action
6.2.1. The Council discussed which areas in the Parish to focus on with the 55% of the grant money. It was RESOLVED to focus on the Werndee Wood road particularly where it gets silted up, Three Ashes Road where the muddy water washes off the fields on to the roads – part of this road is in Llangarron Parish so Clerk to speak to Terry Griffiths their Parish Lengthsman. It was felt that the Fishpool areas was the landowner responsibilities. Clerk to action

7. Finances
7.1. The Council noted the Bank Balance and reconciliation. The Bank Balance was £7881.67 on 5/11/20.
7.2. The Parish Council RESOLVED to keep the Precept for 2021/22 the same as the previous year at £6900. Clerk to action
7.3. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices: –
7.3.1. Clerks salary for Jan and back pay to April 2020 £1099.82 – Chq 100521
7.3.2. Zoom subscription for Nov and Dec 2 x £14.39 inc VAT = £28.78 paid by Clerk – Chq 100521
7.3.3. Autela Payroll Services Q3 Inv 5139 £46.20+VAT – Chq 100522
7.4. Financial Risks:
7.4.1. There were no other financial risks identified.

8. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.

9. The following items were raised for the next meeting: Drainage Grant money, Sandyway update, S106 monies update.

10. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 8th March at 7.30pm either at St Weonards Village Hall or via Zoom Virtual Meeting – depending on COVID Guidelines.

Meeting closed 9pm