ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 10th June 2019 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm
Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie, Richard Williams, and Rob Bowen
In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), County Cllr Toni Fagan and 2 member of the public
1. Cllr R Williams was unable to attend the Meeting in May, so before the meeting started he signed his Acceptance of Office form and Code of Conduct Form. He then confirmed that there were no changes to his register of interest forms.
2. There were apologies received from Cllr Laura Williams
3. There were no declarations of interest for the meeting.
4. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 10th June 2019 were adopted and signed.
5. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
5.1. James Howell, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting.
5.2. County Cllr Toni Fagan attended the meeting to in introduce herself as the new Ward Councillor and had the following comments and information to share:
5.2.1. There are 25 new members on the Council. David Hitcheners (an Independent) is Head of the Council. The Cabinet has been established.
5.2.2. There will be changes to the Council – a move away from the Cabinet system and a move towards Committee system.
5.2.3. The Local Plan is up for review and there is a desire to include more ecological and environmental flavour to the plan. Make it more sustainable.
5.3. Residents Views – There were none raised.
6. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
6.1. There was nothing further to report on the Lengthsman Scheme.
6.2. The Clerk reported that there had been a flooding issue at Tythe Barn, St Weonards and Tracy Knights had been in attendance to look at the problem. The next step was to as James Howell, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward to come and have a look at it.
7. The Council discussed alternative options that the BT phone box could be used for besides storing the defibrillator. The Council RESOLVED that they would continue to use the phone box just for the defibrillator unless an additional use could be found.
8.1. The Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance to be £5974.41 on 5/6/19 and budget spend was reviewed and on track for the end of the financial year.
8.2. The Council RESOLVED payment of the following invoices: –
8.2.1. Tracy Knights Lengthsman invoice 750 – £111.99 – chq 100463
8.2.2. Eyelid Productions – Annual Website Support – Invoice INV-2154 £100 – Chq 100464
8.2.3. Clerks salary for June £277.06 – Chq 100465
8.2.4. HMRC months 1-3 tax – £207.60 – Chq 100466
8.2.5. Autela Payroll Services Q1 – Inv:2084 – £39.23 – Chq 100467
8.3. The Council reviewed the Financial Regulations and Standing Orders and RESOLVED to keep them as they were. Clerk to send a copy to the Councillors. Clerk to action
8.4. The Council identified the following financial risks
8.4.1. The Council RESOLVED to change the bank mandate to remove Cllr J Evans off the signatories.
8.4.2. The Council RESOLVED to set up payment by Internet banking . They set the limits for maximum payment in one day as £2000 and maximum payment for a one off payment as £1000. Clerk to action
9. Planning Applications
9.1. The Council had no planning applications to consider.
9.1.1. Planning Applications – 191550 Tump Barn, Green Acres Farm, Three Ashes, St Weonards HR2 8LX. Conversion of existing modern steel portal framed barn to a single domestic dwelling. The Council RESOLVED that they had no objections to this application. Clerk to action
9.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications
10. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet
11. There were no items raised for the next meeting.
12. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 8th July 2019 at 7.30pm
Meeting closed 8.39pm