Minutes of meeting 14th March 2022

Mtg No: 63

 

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 14th March 2022
at 8pm at St Weonards Village Hall

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie, Richard Williams and Mat Preece

In attendance: County Cllr Toni Fagan, Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council) and 4 members of the public

1. Apologies – apologies were received from Cllrs Robert Bowen and Laura Williams

2. There were no declaration of interests or written dispensations raised.

3. The Parish Council RESOLVED to adopt and sign the ordinary minutes of the meeting held on 7th February 2022.

4. Open discussion (limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section i.e. 2/3 minutes each)
4.1. Residents Views: – There were none raised.

5. REPORTS:
5.1. Cllr Toni Fagan Ward Councillor Report: – Cllr Fagan will send the Leaders report to the Parish Clerk to circulate to the Councillors, but highlighted the following salient points:
5.1.1. Cllr Fagan updated the Parish Council on the Fastershire programme and there are grants available to help those who are struggling to get faster broadband. Look on the Fastershire website.
5.1.2. Clerk to put the Talk Community and Leaders document on the Parish Council website. Clerk to action
5.1.3. Ukraine – The refugee scheme for Ukrainians is up and running in Herefordshire and if anyone can help out with offering accommodation, then email refugeesupport@herefordshire.gov.uk – Herefordshire Council website will have more information.
5.2. Clerk’s Report:
5.2.1. The Clerk updated the Council that all outstanding actions from the last meeting have been completed.
5.3. Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer report:
5.3.1. A broken sign on lane off A466 needs to be reported to James Howells
5.3.2. The Council RESOLVED that they would like to take part in the Lengthsman and Footpath Scheme for 2022/23. Clerk to action
5.3.3. The Council RESOLVED that they would like 2 cuts to the verge as per Balfour Beatty’s request. Clerk to action
5.4. James Howell, Locality Steward report:
5.4.1. Nothing to report.
5.4.2. The Council asked Cllr Fagan to raise with Herefordshire Council and BBLP about the level of community engagement with Parish Councils and wondered if it could be changed and improved. Cllr Fagan will report back to the Council Cllr Fagan to action

6. Update on recruitment of Parish Clerk: Lynda Wilcox at HALC is currently working hard to find someone to take over before the May meeting and will be in touch in due course with more information.

7. Planning Applications
7.1. The Parish Council considered the following planning applications:
7.1.1. Planning Application – 220476 – Meadow Barn, Broad Oak,
Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8QZ. Proposed Oak framed outbuilding. Reply 15th March. As this application is outside of the parish, the Parish Council noted this application and had no further comments to make.
The Council noted the update on current planning applications.

8. Defibrillator
8.1. The Clerk informed the Parish Council that she had ordered a replacement defibrillator pads and battery pack, as they have expired at the end of Feb 2022, but they are currently out of stock with all suppliers due to being in short supply worldwide and the estimated delivery time is June 2022. They are due to be delivered to outgoing Clerk who will ensure the pads and battery is replaced when they arrive and will inform the Parish Council and new Clerk.

9. Village Jubilee Celebrations
9.1. Stephen Herbert informed the Parish Council that the Mynors and Herbert families are hosting an Open Garden and Tea Jubilee Celebrations at Treago Castle on 5th June from 2pm for the local community. Fiona Mynors will liaise with the outgoing Clerk on the arrangements and what the Parish Council can support. Action Kate Hughes to report back to the Parish Council.

10. Finances
10.1. The Council noted the Bank Balance and reconciliation. The Bank Balance was £4992.01 on 5/3/22.
10.2. The Council noted payment of the following invoices:
10.2.1. Clerks Salary February
10.3. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices: –
10.3.1. Autela Payroll Services Q4 Invoice 8525 £42+VAT – Chq 100566
10.3.2. HALC subs for 2023/24 Invoice H1478 £359.59+VAT – Chq 100568
10.3.3. HMRC mths 10-12 £208.20 – Chq 100567
10.3.4. Clerks’ salary for March – Chq 100564
10.3.5. Hire of Village Hall – The Council noted that they had not received an invoice for the hire of the hall, but the Clerk had email Anna Williams of the Village Hall Committee with a list of meetings which have not been paid for.
10.3.6. Reimbursement to Clerk for replacement defibrillator pads and charger £83.42+VAT – Chq 100565
10.4. The Council noted there were no financial risks identified.

11. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.

12. The following items were raised for the next meeting: Annual meeting items to be covered

13. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 9th May 2022 at 7pm at St Weonards Village Hall. Please note that it is the Annual Meetings and the earlier start time.

Meeting closed 8.50pm