ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes from Extra- Ordinary Meeting held on
Friday 22nd April 2022
at 10am at St Weonards Village Hall
Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie, and Mat Preece
In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council)
1. Apologies – apologies were received from Cllrs Laura Williams, Robert Bowen and Richard Williams
2. There were no declaration of interests or written dispensations presented.
3. The Parish Council RESOLVED to accept the resolution to exclude the public from the following confidential employment item 4.
4. Employment of a new Clerk/RFO (Responsible Financial Officer):
4.1. To receive a verbal report from the Interview Panel: – Cllrs M Cain and P Gebbie updated the Parish Councillors and informed them that they interviewed Mark Hearne for the position of Clerk to replace Kate Hughes. The interview took place with Lynda Wilcox from HALC as part of the panel. Mark was a very experienced Clerk who is already a Clerk for several Parish Councils locally to St Weonards.
4.2. To consider employing the Panel’s favoured candidate: – The Council RESOLVED to employ Mark Hearne as the new Parish Clerk and to start on Monday 25th April 2022.
4.3. To agree the terms of Contract of Employment: The Council RESOLVED to follow the Contract of Employment suggested by HALC. Mark will be employed for 7 hrs a week, including holidays and mileage from Madley and will commence the role on 25.4.22.
4.4. To consider handover period for outgoing Clerk/RFO: The Council RESOLVED for the outgoing Clerk, Kate Hughes, to contact Mark and make the necessary arrangements to handover the necessary paperwork and information so that he is ready to Clerk for the next scheduled meeting on Monday 9th May 2022.
5. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 9th May 2022 at 7pm at St Weonards Village Hall.
Meeting closed 10.15am