Minutes for ordinary meeting 21st September 2020

Mtg no: 53

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Virtual Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 23rd September 2020 at
7.30pm via a Zoom Virtual Meeting

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), and Laura Williams and Peter Gebbie

In attendance: County Cllr Toni Fagan and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council) and 5 members of the public

1. Apologies were received from Cllrs Richard Williams and Rob Bowen and Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman).

2. There was one declaration of interest from Cllr Gebbie for agenda item 8.1 planning application for Isle of Dogs in relation to the flooding work he does for Herefordshire Council. Cllr Gebbie took no part in the discussions..

3. Co-option – There is still one vacancy on the Council at present but there were no co-options at this meeting. The Clerk had received an expression in interest from a parishioner in becoming a Parish Councillor. Cllr Cain to contact them to discuss further. Cllr Cain to action

4. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 6th July were adopted and electronically signed.

5. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
5.1. Residents Views :–
5.1.1. Sandyway A466 update – The Parish Council reviewed the BBLP/Herefordshire Council request for improvements to the A466 road in Sandyway. Cllr Fagan confirmed that she had emailed Bruce Evans the Traffic Engineer Officer to ask for this stretch of road to be put as a priority to look to reduce the speed. There was discussion about whether the white central line should be removed. The Council agreed that they would follow the suggestions of the traffic engineers report which had been sent to the Council last year. Clerk to email Bruce Evans and cc local Sandyway residents to clarify and confirm the work that will be carried out as per the original proposal. Clerk to action
5.2. County Cllr Toni Fagan reported the following:
5.2.1. Cllr Fagan attended the meeting and had sent her report to the Parish Council. Clerk to put report on the website. Clerk to action. Cllr Fagan drew the Councillors attention to the following points from the report:
5.2.1.1. The consultation on CPRE White Paper. Please give any feedback.
5.2.1.2. The support structure from Lockdown is still there if needed in the future again.
5.3. James Howell, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting but the Clerk had circulated the weekly reports to the Councillors.

6. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
6.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman, had been carrying out the usual maintenance as when it has been safe to do so during lockdown.
6.1.1. The Council RESOLVED to ask Tracy to carry out the usual maintenance in preparation for a wet autumn and winter. Clerk/Tracy to action
6.1.2. Clerk to check how many sandbags there are left and if a low stock level to arrange to order some more. Clerk to action
6.2. The Clerk confirmed that she had submitted the Drainage Grant Form for the Parish for £6300 and awaiting the decision of the application.

7. Finances
7.1. The Council noted the Bank Balance and reconciliation. The Bank Balance was £5376.21 on 5/9/20.
7.2. The Council noted receipt of the 2nd Precept Note receipt of precept £3450
7.3. The Council noted payment of Data Protection £40 by direct debit
7.4. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices: –
7.4.1. Tracy Knights Inv 833 – £15 – Chq 100507
7.4.2. Clerks salary for Sept – £327.26 – Chq 100508
7.4.3. HALC Website hosting and domain name – £55+VAT- Chq 100510
7.4.4. Zoom subscription for Jul and Aug 2 x £14.39 inc VAT = £28.78 paid by Clerk – Chq 100509
7.4.5. Autela Payroll Services Ltd Inv 4774 – £40.20+VAT – Chq 100511
7.4.6. HMRC months 4-6 £56.80 – Chq 100512
7.5. The Council RESOLVED to discuss reviewing the Clerks Salary at the next meeting.

8. Planning Applications
8.1. The Council considered the planning application.
8.1.1. Planning applications – 202667 Land at Isles of Dogs, Three Ashes, St Weonards. Proposed Passivhaus – replacement dwelling. Also a new storey outbuilding on the site of the existing house. Associated landscaping and improvements to the existing site entrance and driveway. Reply by 2nd Oct. The Council RESOLVED they supported the application and had no objections.
8.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications

9. The Council RESOLVED to change the dates of future Parish Council meetings It was agreed to hold bi-monthly meetings in the following months: Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sept and Nov on the 2nd Monday of the month. Due to current Covid19 guidelines all meetings to be held via Zoom until further notice. Clerk to action

10. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet. The Council asked the Clerk to bring forward the outstanding actions from the last Parish Council meeting

11. The following items were raised for the next meeting: Sandyway update.

12. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 23rd November 2020 at 7.30pm either at St Weonards Village Hall or via Zoom Virtual Meeting – depending on COVID Guidelines.

Meeting closed 8.40pm