Mintues of Ordinary Meeting 8th April 2019

Mtg No: 41

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 8th April 2019 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie, Mrs Laura Williams and Rob Bowen

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), Tracy Knights and 1 member of the public

1. There were apologies received from Cllr Williams and Cllr Evans.
1.1. The Chairman informed the Council that Cllr J Evans had decided not to stand for another term. Cllr Cain thanked Cllr J Evans for his 8 years service to the Parish Council and all his hard work and support during this time.

2. There were no declarations of interest.

3. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 11th March 2019 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. James Howell, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting but had sent the Councillors a report.
4.2. There was no County Councillor report.
4.3. Residents Views – There were none raised.

5. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
5.1. The Council asked if Tracy could walk the footpath from the road to Ladywood as there had been a report that the footpath had been blocked. Action for Tracy to have a look.
5.1.1. Tracy also reported that he will organise a litter pick to tie in with the Balfour Beatty Spring Clean campaign.
5.1.2. Clerk to report to Balfour Beatty that the bin outside opposite the shop by the bus stop needs emptying. Clerk to action
5.2. The Council RESOLVED for Tracy to carry out the normal maintenance work around the Parish. Action Tracy

6. Finances
6.1. The Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance to be £3774.41 on 5/4/19 and budget spend was reviewed and on track for the financial year.
6.2. The Council RESOLVED payment of the following invoices Clerk to action: –
6.2.1. Autela Payroll Services Q4 invoice 14584 – £47 Cheque 100455
6.2.2. Standard Signs – Pedestrian sign for “Village Hall & Shop” – £136.09 Cheque 100456
6.2.3. Clerks salary for April £277.06 Cheque 100457
6.2.4. Tracy Knights Lengthsman invoice – none were received
6.3. There were no financial risks identified by the Council.

7. Planning Applications 
7.1. The Council had no planning applications to consider.
7.1.1. Planning Applications – 190850 – Land to the South of St Weonards, A466, St Weonards. Proposed access. Reply by 9th April. The Council RESOLVED that they had no objection to the access being granted, but the Council have concerns that when development work starts on the Duchy site, and potentially on the site opposite of the road, that leaving the 30mph speed limit in the same place could heighten safety issues. Therefore, when will the road layout changes as per the conditions on the granted planning come into force. Clerk to speak to the Owen Jeffreys, Planning Officer about safety concerns. The Council asked the Clerk to email Graham Hornsby at BBLP, Nick Pollock from Duchy of Cornwall, Clive Hall, Bruce Evans, Kevin Bishop Head of Planning and Gill Tokey asking them to confirm when these road changes to the village road will take place as per the planning conditions. Clerk to action
7.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications

8. Parish Update
8.1. The Council received an update from Clerk on:
8.1.1. The Clerk updated the Council to confirm the sandbag were to be delivered next week to Treago Farm. Clerk will put a note on the website of where they are stored in case parishioners need them. Clerk to action

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet

10. There were no items raised for the next meeting.

11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 13th May 2019 at earlier time of 7pm for Annual Parish Meeting, followed by the Annual Ordinary Meeting.

Meeting closed 8.22pm