DRAFT Ordinary Meeting Minutes 11th Sept 2017

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 11th September 2017 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.30pm


Councillors Present:
Cllrs Mike Cain, Richard Williams, Mrs Laura Williams Rob Bowen and Peter Gebbie

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman), and 4 members of the public

1. There were apologies received and accepted from Cllr Julian Evans and as the meeting continued, the Council noted that David Harlow (County Cllr) and David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty) would be unable to attend the meeting due to their attendance at another Parish Council Meeting.

2. There were no declarations of interest or dispensations.

3. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 13th July and extra-ordinary meeting on 1st August 2017 were adopted and signed.

4. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
4.1. There was nothing further to report from David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
4.2. County Councillor David Harlow sent a report to the Parish Councillors and there was nothing further to report in his absence. The Clerk reminded the Council about the Fastershire Project in Herefordshire as per mentioned in Cllr Harlow’s report.
4.3. The report from West Mercia Police was noted.
4.3.1. The Council noted from the Police newsletter had reported thefts to properties in St Weonards in August.
4.3.2. The Clerk reported to the Council that she was waiting to hear back from the Safer Roads Partnership about arranging a site meeting in St Weonards Village. Cllr Gebbie offered to speak to his contact in this department to arrange a meeting. Clerk and Cllr Gebbie to action
4.4. Residents Views
4.4.1. A few residents raised issues of concern about the one-way system on Church Hill C1236 – cars driving up the wrong way, hooting horns, joy riders on road and the lack on tarmac passing places on the bottom road of Church Hill. There was a request to look into the options of reversing the one-way system as per Herefordshire Council Notice of Proposal for C1236 St Weonards one way traffic order 2012 which clearly states that “This proposal is to facilitate the development of housing adjacent to the C1236, and will be not be introduced should planning permission not be granted.” The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to speak to Cllr Harlow, Balfour Beatty, and Herefordshire Council about clarification of this order and actions. Clerk to liaise with Safer Roads Partnership as well over this issue. Clerk to speak to Cllr Harlow and Hayley Crane about the monies available for the passing places – Clerk to action. Tracy to action refilling the grit bins on Church Hill – Tracy to action.

5. BT phone kiosk and defibrillator
5.1. The Council noted that the Clerk had received the completion notice of adoption and purchase of BT Phone Kiosk.
5.2. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to explore options of grants (Prime Care, Fire Brigade, BT advice booklet) for painting the Phone Kiosk as it is a Listed Building and the Council will need to follow the appropriate instructions plus appropriate defibrillator signage on the kiosk. The hedge around the BT Kiosk needs trimming back – Paul Gray agreed for the hedge to be trimmed. Clerk to action
5.3. The Clerk gave the following update on the installation of defibrillator into the BT kiosk. Electrician Richard Craig has been instructed to install the defibrillator into the Kiosk and the Clerk to action contacting the Insurance Company to inform them that the Council have purchased a defibrillator and adopted the BT Kiosk. Clerk to action.

6. Parish Matters
6.1. The Council received the following update from Tracy Knights Parish Lengthsman and Parish Footpath Officer – following his recent operation, he will be back to doing light duties in 6 weeks and full fitness after Christmas.
6.1.1. The Council RESOLVED to ask Tracy Knights if he would complete painting the Kiosk when he returns to light duties. He agreed to contact the Council on his return to duties.
6.1.2. The Council asked that any missing way-markers on footpaths be report to the Clerk.
6.2. The Council reviewed the Rights of Ways Improvement Plan Consultation that runs until 10th November.
6.3. The Council have already discussed the one-way system and passing places at the bottom of Church Hill – see RESOLVED actions in item 4.4.1.
6.4. The Council RESOLVED to discuss the speed indicator device for the village at the next meeting. Clerk to action

7. Planning Applications and Neighbourhood Development Plan
7.1. The Council noted the Minerals and Waste Local Plans consultation runs till 6th October.
7.2. The Council received an update on Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) meeting that took place on 1st August following the Extra-ordinary meeting. At the Extra-ordinary meeting the Council RESOLVED to set up a Steering Group and to apply for a grant. As there were only 3 people present from those interested in the NDP it was decided to meet in the autumn to set up the Steering Group.
7.3. The Council considered the following planning application:
7.3.1. 172664 – Wendover, Three Ashes, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8LU, proposed variation of condition 2 of planning permission 162683 (Proposed erection of 2 bungalows with garages and alterations to existing access) to alter the fenestration of both plots plus the addition of solar panels. A redesign of the layout of Plot 1 to detach the single garage. (Retrospective). Reply by 28th Sept. The Council RESOLVED that they had no comment to make on this application. Clerk to action
7.4. The Council noted the update on current planning applications sheet.

8. Finances
8.1. The Council noted the Bank Balance to be £5,508.42 on 5/9/17 and reviewed the budget spend in preparation for the Parish Precept
8.2. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices:
8.2.1. No invoice received yet for Hire of village hall from April 2016 onwards – Clerk to chase Village Hall Treasurer for an invoice. Clerk and Cllr R Williams to action
8.3. The Council RESOLVED to review the Parish Precept for 2018/19 at the next meeting.
8.4. The Council RESOLVED to look further into the following financial risks to the Parish Council:
8.4.1. Clerk to contact the Insurance Company to inform them that the Council have adopted the BT kiosk and purchased a defibrillator. Clerk to action
8.4.2. Clerk to contact HALC to raise concerns about who will have the authority with regards to Lengthsman Scheme when the Parish takes on full responsibility for the Lengthsman Scheme in 2018/19. What Powers will the Parish Council have to operate the scheme? Clerk to action

9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet

10. The items for the next meeting to be considered are: update on one-way system, speed indicator device for village and painting of phone kiosk plus signs for defibrillator.

11. The date of the next meeting will be Monday 9th October 2017 at 7.30pm

Meeting closed 9.20pm