Mtg No 52
ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes from Virtual Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 6th July 2020 at
7pm via a Zoom Virtual Meeting
Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), and Laura Williams Peter Gebbie and Rob Bowen
In attendance: County Cllr Toni Fagan and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council)
1. Apologies were received from Cllr Richard Williams
2. There were no declarations of interest for any agenda items.
3. Co-option – There is still one vacancy on the Council at present but there were no co-options at this meeting. The Council asked the Clerk to put an advertisement in the local Parish Magazines to inform people there is a vacancy on the Parish Council. Clerk to action
4. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 9th March 2020 were adopted and signed.
5. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
5.1. Residents Views :–
5.1.1. Gillow Manor License Application – Application for request of a license to produce and sell alcohol and play loud music 7 days a week for most days of the year. The Clerk had received correspondence from local residents about their concerns and objections to this license application and asked the Parish Council to support them in sending a representation. Clerk to action
5.2. County Cllr Toni Fagan reported the following:
5.2.1. Cllr Fagan attended the meeting and had sent a July report to the Parish Council. Clerk to put report on the website. Clerk to action
5.3. James Howell, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting but the Clerk had circulated the weekly reports to the Councillors.
6. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
6.1. Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman, had been carrying out the usual maintenance as when it has been safe to do so during lockdown.
7.1. The Council reviewed the Internal Auditors Report
7.2. The Council reviewed and completed the Audit Annual Governance Statement
7.3. The Council reviewed and adopted the end of year accounts 31/3/20 and completed the Audit Accounting Statement
7.4. The Council noted the Bank Balance and reconciliation
7.5. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices: –
7.5.1. Autela Payroll Services Q1 – Inv 4240 £50.20+VAT – Chq 100503
7.5.2. Clerks Expenses for 2019/20 – £47.88 – BACS payment
7.5.3. Clerks salary for July – £327.26 – Chq 100502
7.5.4. Zoom monthly subscription £11.99 – BACS payment
7.5.5. Microsoft 365 annual subscription £59.99 – BACS payment
7.5.6. Garren Servies Lengthsman, Inv 812 – £30 – Chq 100504
7.6. The Parish Council identified the following financial risk to the Parish Council
7.6.1. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to email the Councillors the internet banking payments to process by 2 signatories. Clerk to action
8. Planning Applications
8.1. The Council considered the planning application.
8.1.1. Planning applications P201837 – Land to the south of 1 – 2 Church Hill, St Weonards, Hereford, HR2 8QA. Proposed 2 no. dwellings with highway access and associated infrastructure and landscaping. Reply by 24th July. The Council RESOLVED they supported the application and had no objections.
8.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications
9. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet. The Council asked the Clerk to bring forward the outstanding actions from the last Parish Council meeting
9.1.1. The Council asked if James Howell could look at the passing places along the road from Church road that get very boggy during winter months – what can we do with these. Clerk to speak to James to see if he can meet the parish Council to discuss further. Clerk to action
10. The following items were raised for the next meeting: Sandyway update.
11. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 21st September 2020 at 7.30pm either at St Weonards Village Hall or via Zoom Virtual Meeting – depending on COVID Guidelines.
Meeting closed 8pm