Mtg No: 50
ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 10th February 2020 at
St Weonards Village Hall, at 7.45pm
Councillors Present: Cllrs Mike Cain (Chair), Peter Gebbie, Rob Bowen, Richard Williams and Laura Williams
In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), and 1 member of the public
1. Apologies were received from County Cllr Toni Fagan and Tracy Knights (Parish Lengthsman).
2. There were no declarations of interest for any agenda items.
3. Co-option – There is still one vacancy on the Council at present but there were no co-options at this meeting. The Council asked the Clerk to put an advertisement in the local Parish Magazines to inform people there is a vacancy on the Parish Council. Clerk to action
4. The ordinary minutes of meeting held on 2nd December 2019 were adopted and signed.
5. Open discussion limited to 10 mins to be shared out between each section ie 2/3 minutes each
5.1. Residents Views :–
5.1.1. There were none received.
5.2. County Cllr Toni Fagan reported the following:
5.2.1. Cllr Fagan was unable to attend the meeting but had sent a report to the Councillors which will also be available on the Parish Council website. Clerk to action
5.3. James Howell, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward was unable to attend the meeting but the Clerk had circulated the weekly reports to the Councillors.
5.3.1. The Isles of Dogs road has been closed to receive some work and is now open but will be closed again towards the end of March for more work to be carried out.
6.1. The Clerk had nothing further to update the Parish Council or members of the community on Sandyway road. Clerk to chase an update for the March meeting. Clerk to action
7. Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Scheme
7.1. The Clerk updated the Council that Tracy Knights, Parish Lengthsman, confirmed that he had completed the usual maintenance in the Parish. The Parish Council would like Tracy to check the footpath through Ladywood to see if it is blocked. Clerk to action asking Tracy
7.2. The Clerk to check if the salt has arrived at Ron Evans’ Farm. Clerk to action
8.1. The Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance to be £5302.15 on 9/2/20 and budget spend was reviewed and on track for the end of the financial year.
8.2. The Council RESOLVED payment of the following invoices: –
8.2.1. Clerks salary for Jan – £277.06 – Chq 100482
8.2.2. Clerks Salary for Feb – £277.06 – Chq 100486
8.2.3. Garren Services – Lengthsman Invoice 796 – £75 – Chq 100487
8.2.4. HALC Subs 202/21 Inv H879 – £333.09+VAT – Chq 100488
8.3. The Parish Council discussed the following financial risks to the Parish Council
8.3.1. The Clerk confirmed that she had returned the bank mandate forms to the Bank and is awaiting confirmation. Clerk to action
9. Planning Applications
9.1. The Council considered the planning application.
9.1.1. Planning applications 200106 – Palace Farm, St Weonards, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 8PL Proposed horse ménage within existing field (private use). The Parish Council RESOLVED to support the application.
9.2. The Council noted the update on current planning applications
10. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.
11. The following items were raised for the next meeting: Sandyway update.
12. The Council noted the date of next meeting to be Monday 9th March 2020 at 7.45pm
Meeting closed 8.45pm