Minutes Ordinary Meeting Monday 8th June 2015

Councillors Present: Cllrs M Cain (Chair), J Evans, Mrs L Williams and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council)

In attendance: County Cllr D Harlow, David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty),
PSCOs Fiona Witcher and Lowri Anderson, Tracy Knights (Lengthsman) and a member of the public

1. Co-options – There were none.

2. Apologies – Cllr R Williams

3. Declaration of Interest – There were none

4. Open Public Session

4.1. Views of Local Residents
4.1.1. The Clerk reported that it had been brought to her attention that the new bollards that had been put up at the top of Church Hill had been hit by a vehicle. This has been reported to Dave Atkinson, Locality Steward who will arrange for it to be looked at. Clerk action
4.1.2. Clerk to follow up email about bus stop/bus shelter – Clerk to action
4.1.3. Clerk reported that the “SLOW” sign had been requested via Graham Hornsby. Clerk to follow up

4.2. Report from West Mercia Police
4.2.1. PSCO Fiona Witcher introduced PSCO Lowri Anderson as the new Police Officer for Rotherwas and Hereford Rural South.
4.2.2. PSCO Witcher reported that since 1st January 2015, only 1 crime of a bulgary in a dwelling had been reported in St Weonards Parish Council.
4.2.3. Clerk had circulated the most current Police Briefing to all Councillors.

4.3. Report from David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
4.3.1. Dave Atkinson reported that the B4521 is due to be resurfaced with chip and tar sometime between 8th-19th June.
4.3.2. Cllr Harlow and Dave had visited Isle of Dogs to look at flooding issue and looked at the C1249 Three Ashes road surface. With regards to Isle of Dogs Clerk to find out who owns the land where the flooding occurs. Clerk to action. Dave has reported/highlighted the pothole and surface issues of the C1249 again to Balfour Beatty.
4.3.3. Drain work has been completed
4.3.4. With regards to Thornley’s underpass for cows at Brinstone Farm, the road will need to be closed when this work is carried out. No date has been given yet, but planning has been applied for.

4.4. Report from County Councillor David Harlow
4.4.1. Cllr Harlow strongly encouraged the Council to look into doing a Neighbourhood Development Plan. This is something the Council are already looking into.
4.4.2. Cllr Harlow agreed to look into the issue with regards to the work not completed on the passing places at the bottom of Chruch Hill, which was part of the one-way system agreement with Amey and Herefordshire Council. Cllr Harlow to action.

4.5. Report from Tracy Knights, Lengthsman
4.5.1. Tracy asked the Council for a list work they would like him to do.
4.5.1.1. It was agreed to complete verge cutting at the Old Pike crossroads

5. The minutes from the meeting held on 11th May 2015 were signed and adopted.

6. Website – Unfortunately Mark Millmore was unable to attend to talk about setting up a website. Clerk to action setting up a separate meeting for Councillors to discuss a Council Website. Clerk to action

7. Housing

7.1. The Chairman updated the Council on the meeting that was held with Two Rivers on 20th May. The number of houses has been reduced from 17 to 12. No planning application applied for as yet and no pre-planning application meeting has been arranged either. Clerk to follow up with Stephen Ingram from Two Rivers. Clerk to look for or find out where the list of interested people for the housing is located. Clerk to action

8. Lengthsman

8.1. The Council agreed for the Clerk and Tracy to complete the Annual Maintenance Budget for the Lengthsman Scheme and email to BBLP. Clerk to action
8.2. Clerk to chase up Q4 payment for Lengthsman Scheme 2015/15. Clerk to action

9. Finances

9.1. The Council agreed for Clerk to ask the companies to re-quote for village sign to include Class 1 reflectivity, double sided and set back off the carriage behind the kerb. Clerk to action
9.2. The Clerk to action completing the mandate form and return to the Bank.
9.3. The bank balance was noted as £3873.78 on 8/6/2015
9.4. Clerk to email Financial Regulations to Councillors to review prior to the next meeting. Clerk to action
9.5. Clerk to email Standing Orders to Councillors to review prior to the next meeting. Clerk to action
9.6. The Council agreed to pay the following invoices
9.6.1. Clerks salary of £196.95, Cheque number 100348
9.6.2. Lengthsman invoice £67.50, Cheque number 100349
9.7. The Clerk informed the Council that she has spoken to HMRC and currently is not required to register for PAYE. If her circumstances change, she will inform the Council and register for PAYE.

10. Planning – There were no planning applications to discuss.

11. Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP)

11.1. The Chairman updated the Council to say he is discussing applying for a grant with Dave Tristram at Herefordshire Council and need to set up a meeting with Sam Banks to come and talk to Parishioners about NDP. Chairman to action
11.2. The Chairman will speak to Data Orchard to start to work on NDP. Chairman to action

12. There was no information sheet from Clerk or correspondence to report.

13. Items for the next meeting

13.1. Standing orders
13.2. Financial regulations
13.3. Housing
13.4. Website

14. The date of next meeting will be held on Monday 6th July at 7.30pm.

Meeting closed at 9pm