Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 13th April 2015

Present: Cllrs Mrs C Harris (Chair), M Cain, R Williams, J Evans, Mrs L Williams and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council)

In attendance: Tracy Knights (Lengthsman) and 5 members of the public

1. Apologies – There were none

2. Declaration of Interest – There were none

3. Open Public Session

3.1. Mr and Mrs Morris who live on Church Hill raised concern again over the high kerbing where the lane meets the A466. There was an accident on 12th April where a car ended up hitting the high kerbing and crashing through their garden wall. They will be writing a letter to Herefordshire Council. Can a barrier be put up? The Council went and had a look at the site and also noted the weeds growing up through the tarmac on the pavement, the steepness of the pavement and the possible incorrect positioning of 30mph and national speed limit signs. Clerk to action – To discuss the above with Dave Atkinson, Locality Steward and to email PCSO Fiona Witcher. Mrs Morris to give the Clerk a copy of the letter she wrote and Police Incident number.
3.2. Residents highlighted their concern about the lack of yellow lines defining the bus stop opposite the shop. Clerk to action – To discuss with Dave Atkinson
3.3. Clerk to forward email to Paul Gray about bus stop/bus shelter – Clerk to action

4. The minutes from the meeting held on 9th February 2015 were signed and adopted. The notes from the meeting held on 9th March 2015, which was not a proper meeting as not enough Councillors attended for an Ordinary Meeting, were signed and adopted.

5. Finances

5.1. The Council agreed to pay the invoice for the annual hire of the village hall for Parish Council meetings of £132 Clerk to action
5.2. The Council agreed to review the end of year accounts and Grant Thornton audit at the next meeting.

6. The Council agreed for the Clerk to investigate the costs of signposts for the village car parks, shop etc and gain quotes from at least 2/3 companies. Clerk to action plus checking with Highways on position of signs and report back at the next meeting.

7. Housing – Clerk to contact Steve Ingram at Housing Association to find out the latest situation on the affordable housing project and what is happening with the pre-planning meeting. At least 2 Councillors want to attend the pre-planning meeting.

8. Neighbourhood Development Plan – Cllr Cain updated the Council that he is attending a Funding meeting on 23 April run by Herefordshire Council and will report back at the next meeting. Once funding can be obtained then the Council can start to work with Data Orchard.

9. Lengthsman

9.1. Tracy Knights reported that the bus shelter had been repaired and he had started mowing the grass around the village
9.2. The Council need to agree on a maintenance budget for the Lengthsman to send into BBLP. Clerk to check on what needs to be done.
9.3. It was agreed for the Clerk to email the link to reporting potholes and other road defects to BBLP
9.4. Clerk to check the Lengthsman budget and what money is available

10. Correspondence

10.1. Letter received confirming precept budget amount accepted
10.2. Letter received about Oil Buying Club

11. Chair Cllr Claire Harris informed the Council that she would not be standing as a Parish Councillor at the election and therefore would be resigning as Chair of St Weonards Parish Council. She has been a Parish Councillor for the past 10 years and the Council thanked her for all her hard work.

12. Items for the next meeting

12.1. Website
12.2. Housing

13. The date of next meeting will be held on Monday 11th May at 7.30pm when the Annual Parish Meeting will be held first followed by the Annual Meeting.

Meeting closed at 9pm