Ordinary Minutes from 18th April 2016 Meeting

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 18th April 2016 at 7.30pm


Councillors Present:
Cllrs M Cain (Chair), J Evans, R Williams and Mrs L Williams

In attendance: Tracy Knights (Lengthsman), David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty) and 3 members of the public

1. Co-options – None

2. Apologies – PSCO Lowri Anderson, County Cllr David Harlow and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council)

3. Declarations of Interests – None

4. The minutes from the meeting held on 14th March 2016 were signed and adopted.

5. Open Public Session

5.1. Views of Local Residents
5.1.1. A member of the public asked a question about the Duchy event and what was to happen in the coming months. The Council advised that waiting for the Duchy to come back to the working party with a date plus a further consultation day in May/June. Clerk to action contacting Duchy

5.2. Report from West Mercia Police
5.2.1. As PSCO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend, but Clerk to circulated the most current Police Briefing to all Councillors and to put the report on the website. Clerk to action

5.3. Report from County Councillor David Harlow
5.3.1. Cllr Harlow had sent a report for the Clerk to read out at the meeting and to be put on the website. Clerk to action.

5.4. Report from David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
5.4.1. Dave Atkinson agreed to arrange for the fly tipping recently in our parish to be collected. Dave Atkinson to action

6. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
6.1. The Council RESOLVED to sign the new Lengthsman and P3 Scheme contract for 2016/17. Clerk to action returning the contract to Louise Greig. Clerk to action
6.2. Tracy Knights reported that he had completed small tidy jobs, strimming and mowing around the parish
6.3. Tracy reported that he will be doing the usual mowing cycle during the summer.
6.4. Tracy reported that there would be a cost involved for marking out the car parking lines – Line tape was approx £70/80 per 50 metre roll plus paint on top. The Council RESOLVED that would be more cost effective to employ contractors which would also give a job guarantee. Clerk to speak to Dave in first instance then maybe contact contractors. Clerk to action

7. The Council RESOLVED, with regards to the commemorative medals for HM Queen Elizabeth II 90th Birthday, that 50 medals was to be ordered and handed out to all children at our school. The cost would be £147. Clerk to action

8. The Council RESOLVED that the Clerk to order the village signage as discussed. Clerk to action

9. Finances
9.1. The Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance £1913.70 on 5/3/2016. The Council reviewed the financial report prepared by Clerk.
9.2. It was RESOLVED to pay the following invoices. Clerk to action
9.2.1.1. Tracy Knights Lengthsman Invoice number 549 for £240.00
9.2.1.2. The Clerk’s monthly salary for April
9.2.1.3. HALC information overload training session Invoice £12.50+VAT
9.3. The Council RESOLVED that the following financial risks need to be reviewed at the May meeting when the Clerk is present.
9.3.1. Pension options for Clerk – Clerk to find out more and report back at April meeting
9.3.2. Internet Banking – Councillors completed the Internet Banking form for Clerk to return to the bank. Discuss with Clerk at the May meeting to decide the daily limit for payment. Clerk to action

10. The Council noted correspondence received and Clerk’s planning update and information sheet

11. Items for the next meeting
11.1. Kevin Rutterford from Fastershire will talk at the Annual Parish Meeting on 9th May.

12. The date of next meeting will be held on Monday 9th May at 7.30pm.