Draft Ordinary Meeting Minutes 3rd October 2016

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 3rd October 2016 at 7.30pm


Councillors Present:
Cllrs M Cain (Chair), Mrs L Williams and R Williams

In attendance: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), Tracy Knights, Lengthsman and 5 members of the public

1. Co-options – None.

2. Apologies – Cllr J Evans, PSCO Lowri Anderson and County Cllr D Harlow

3. Declarations of Interests – None

4. The minutes from the meeting held on 18th July 2016 were signed and adopted.

5. Open Public Session

5.1. Report from David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
5.1.1. David Atkinson reported that there will be more cuts to the Balfour Beatty budgets due to the fact the Council are strapped for cash and it is a case of damage limitation with what things we need to focus on.
5.1.2. Dave asked that any potholes are reported through the Herefordshire Council website and he will be able to risk assess them into priority categories. Clerk to report potholes on Church Hill – Clerk to action.

5.2. Report from West Mercia Police
5.2.1. As PSCO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend, but Clerk to circulated the most current Police Briefing to all Councillors and to put the report on the website. Clerk to action

5.3. Report from County Councillor David Harlow
5.3.1. Cllr Harlow had sent a report for the Clerk to read out at the meeting and to be put on the website. Clerk to action.

5.4. Views of Local Residents
5.4.1. Residents asked if there were any updates on Duchy of Cornwall Development. There is nothing to report currently.
5.4.2. The Police have apparently carried out some speed checks through St Weonards village and residents wondered what the findings are. Clerk to speak to PSCO Lowri Anderson. Clerk to action

6. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
6.1. Tracy Knights reported that he had reported some potholes he had come across in the parish on the Council website. He has completed general maintenance around the parish and trimmed back the trees hanging over the path by the tump at St Weonards.
6.2. The Council asked Tracy to complete any general maintenance around Parish in preparation for winter. Tracy to action
6.3. Clerk to speak to Roadmark Ltd and confirm that the price includes writing the words “Bus Stop” in the lay by as well as the yellow lines plus painting the white lines in the car park. Clerk to arrange for the painting to take place on afternoon of Wed 26th Oct during school half term and when shop closed. Clerk to speak to David Atkinson to check that Roadmark are able to work on the highway and Tracy Knights when the date is arranged in order to clear up the car park in preparation. Clerk to action.

7. Finances
7.1. The Bank Balance was £4824.11 on 3/10/16 and a review of the budget spend was completed.
7.2. The Council RESOLVED to pay the following invoices – Clerk to action
7.2.1. Tracy Knights, Lengthsman – Invoice no 616 £15, invoice no 613 £165 and invoice no 607 £105
7.2.2. £35 expenses for Clerk in payment of annual Data Protection fee to ICO
7.3. The Council RESOLVED to discuss the Precept 2017/18 in more detail at the November meeting.
7.4. To consider any financial risks to the Parish Council
7.4.1. The Clerk is to investigate more about what Council need to do with regards to Pension Regulator. Clerk to action
7.5. To Clerk to confirm what she suggests the Council should purchase in relation to a Parish Council laptop and printer/scanner. Clerk to action

8. Planning
8.1. To Council discussed the planning application 161829 – Land to the rear of Wendover, Three Ashes, proposed erection of 2 bungalows with garages and alterations to existing access. David Holmes addressed the Council about the planning application and answered any questions. The Council RESOLVED that there were no objections to this application. Clerk to action
8.2. The Council noted the Clerk’s update sheet on current planning applications.

9. To receive an update on:
9.1. The Clerk confirmed they had spoken to Bruce Evans about the possibility of reversing the one-way system. It is possible but now advisable. There were reports that people are still driving up Church Hill the wrong way on to the main road. This was a matter for the Police to enforce. David Atkinson addressed the Council and said that if the Council wanted to look at reversing the one way then they would need to raise a Traffic Regulation Order (TRO). There are currently 240 orders TRO’s waiting to be dealt with and could take several years to complete. If the Parish Council decided to fund a TRO they would need to spend £6-10K. David Atkinson suggested that he would speak to Hayley Crane and feedback to the Clerk. David to action
9.2. Clerk to look into applying for a community defibrillator and confirm that the Parish Council would like to adopt a telephone kiosk for £1. Clerk to action

10. To Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet. The Annual Audit had been returned from Grant Thornton.
10.1. Clerk confirmed that she had received a certificate to show that she had passed her CiLCA qualification.

11. To consider items for next meeting – Precept/budget setting

12. The date of next meeting will be in Monday 7th November 2016 at 7pm.