Minutes of Ordinary Meeting held on 9th November 2015

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 9th November 2015 at 7.30pm


Councillors Present:
Cllrs M Cain (Chair), J Evans, Mrs L Williams and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council)

In attendance: County Cllr David Harlow, David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty), Tracy Knights (Lengthsman), and 1 member of the public

1. Co-options – There were none.

2. Apologies – Cllr R Williams and PSCO Lowri Anderson

3. Declarations of Interests – There were none.

4. Housing Development update

4.1. Update from Herefordshire Housing
Kimberley Read, Development Manager from Herefordshire Housing Ltd was unable to attend the meeting but emailed the following briefing note. “I am sorry that I am unable to attend the Parish Council meeting this evening. Unfortunately, we have not yet received all of the build cost estimates we require, to enable Herefordshire Housing Ltd to fully evaluate the viability of a 6 unit scheme on land off Church Lane. I would like to reassure the Parish Council that we are still actively looking at this scheme and trying to find a way forward to provide some affordable housing for the village. I plan to attend your Parish Council meeting in January to confirm the results of our viability assessment modelling. This will confirm whether or not a 6 unit scheme can be delivered on the site.” Clerk to ask Kimberley Read for a written update for the December meeting and to invite to the February meeting. Clerk to action

5. A member of the public questioned the total of the undirected informal vote on item 4.1.7 of the minutes from 12th October and the Council confirmed the figure was as per the minutes. Therefore, the minutes from the meeting held on 12th October 2015 were unchanged, signed and adopted.

6. Open Public Session

6.1. Views of Local Residents
6.1.1. The Clerk reported back to the Council that Edward Tonks from Balfour Beatty had been contacted to ask for some suggested dates to meet up to discuss the “slow” signage and other options to help slow down traffic through the village. Clerk to action following up dates
6.1.2. The Clerk had contacted Paul Williamson at Herefordshire Council to ask for an update on the request from residents at Scotsbrook area with regards to the missing bus stop sign on the A466. Clerk to action following up to see what next steps are
6.1.3. The Council asked the Clerk to request the removal of the SID machine from the village. Clerk to action

6.2. Report from West Mercia Police
6.2.1. As PSCO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend, but Clerk had circulated the most current Police Briefing to all Councillors and will put it on the website. Clerk to action

6.3. Report from County Councillor David Harlow
6.3.1. Cllr Harlow had sent a report for the Clerk to read out at the meeting and to be put on the website. Clerk to action.
6.3.2. Cllr Harlow stressed the importance of completing a Neighbourhood Development Plan and suggested a joint working with neighbouring parishes.
6.3.3. Cllr Harlow asked on behalf of Jane Rigler, Good Neighbour Scheme, for a start-up donation of £50. The Parish Council AGREED to donate £50. Clerk to action

6.4. Report from David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
6.4.1. Dave Atkinson reported that he had looked at the water run off from the fields on Old Pike Road into the ditch. It was AGREED for Cllr J Evans to meet with Dave to look at this ditch. Dave to action

7. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme

7.1. Report from Tracy Knights, Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Officer
7.1.1. Tracy reported that he will start completing inspections of culverts, ditches and identifying any pot holes to be reported for repair or work to be completed.
7.2. The Council AGREED for Tracy to start the second lot of ditch inspection work.
7.2.1. Clerk to find out the last submission dates for Q3 and Q4 Lengthsman invoices. Clerk to action
7.2.2. The Council asked Cllr J Evans to look at the village car park by the school, to measure up and propose the most efficient way of marking parking bays. Cllr J Evans to action
7.3. The Council AGREED to order a pallet of sandbags to be delivered to Treago Farm. Clerk to action
7.3.1. Tracy confirmed that we do not require any more salt grit. There is 2 ton of salt stored between Treago Farm and Thornley’s Farm.
7.3.2. Clerk to ask BBLP for 3 salt bins. Tracy to confirm location of salt bins. Clerk and Tracy to action

8. Finances
8.1. The Council AGREED to the final precept figure for 2016/17 to be £4350. Clerk to action putting precept budget on website. Clerk to action
8.2. The Council noted the Bank Balance £4356.67 after the November cheques below will be cleared. The Council reviewed the Payment and Receipts report prepared by Clerk. The Council reviewed the budget which is on track.
8.3. It was AGREED to pay the following invoices. Clerk to action
8.3.1. Clerk’s monthly salary of £196.95 November
8.3.2. Balfour Beatty invoice 2248 for the SID in September £150+VAT
8.3.3. It was AGREED to book the SID for March 2016 – Clerk to action
8.4. The Council AGREED for the Clerk to get a final quote on the village sign ready for the December meeting. Clerk to action

9. Website
9.1. The Council AGREED to review website at next meeting.

10. Items for the next meeting
10.1. Finalise Precept, Herefordshire Housing update, finalise Village sign quotes, Website,

11. The date of next meeting will be held on Monday 14th December at 7.30pm.

Meeting closed at 8.55pm