Ordinary Meeting Minutes 7th Nov 2016

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 7th November 2016 at 7pm


Councillors Present
: Cllrs M Cain (Chair), Mrs L Williams and R Williams

In attendance
: Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council), Tracy Knights, Lengthsman and 5 members of the public

1. Co-options – None.

2. Apologies – Cllr J Evans, PSCO Lowri Anderson and David Atkinson

3. Declarations of Interests – None

4. Guest Speaker Sue Watkins from First Responders Charity
4.1. Sue talked to the Parish Council about the matched funding grant in Herefordshire for the purchase of an unlocked defibrillator with heated cabinet. The cost to the Parish Council would be £500 and to run a training/awareness event on how to use a defibrillator. Replacement pads would be an additional cost of £74.40 for one set of pads and £94.80 for two sets of pads. The defibrillator would also need to be wired into an electrical supply and access 24hrs 7 days a week to the community.
4.2. The Council RESOLVED to purchase a defibrillator via the matched funding grant for the community. Clerk to speak to Sue Watkins to arrange the paperwork. Clerk to action

5. The minutes from the meeting held on 3rd October 2016 were signed and adopted.

6. Open Public Session
6.1. Report from David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
6.1.1. David Atkinson had emailed weekly reports to the Clerk. He was unable to attend. Nothing further to report
6.2. Report from West Mercia Police
6.2.1. As PSCO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend, but Clerk to circulated the most current Police Briefing to all Councillors and to put the report on the website. Clerk to action
6.3. Report from County Councillor David Harlow
6.3.1. Cllr Harlow had sent a report for the Clerk to read out at the meeting and to be put on the website. Clerk to action.
6.4. Views of Local Residents
6.4.1. The St Weonards Village Hall Committee are having their AGM on Mon 14th Dec at 7.30pm at the Hall and are asking if any parishioners would be able to join the committee as many current Committee Members are stepping down. Without a Committee the village hall cannot be run.
6.4.2. A resident informed the Parish Council that a new bus route starting at St Weonards to Abergavenny will be begin on Tues 22nd Nov at 9.30am and every Tuesday after that. A bus timetable will be put up in the local shop and also on the Parish Council Website. Clerk to action putting timetable on website.

7. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
7.1. Tracy Knights reported that he trimmed the hedges around the car park and there is a bench that is beyond repair but he has saved the plaque on the bench that was in memory of Mrs Bevan. He also reported that there is a maple tree with a hollow branch that is overhanging into the school playground and needs to be reported to the school and he would advice an official tree inspection. Clerk to action.
7.2. The Council asked Tracy to complete any general maintenance around Parish in preparation for winter. Tracy to action
7.3. The Council RESOLVED to complete the Expression of Interest form for Lengthsman and P3 Scheme for 2017/18 at the December when they discuss the Precept Budget.
7.4. Clerk to speak to Roadmark Ltd and confirm that the price includes writing the words “Bus Stop” in the lay by as well as the yellow lines plus painting the white lines in the car park. Clerk to arrange for the painting to take place on an afternoon when shop is shut and School/Preschool kids are on holiday on Wed 26th Oct during school half term and when shop closed. Clerk to inform David Atkinson and Tracy Knights what date the painting will be arranged, so that Tracy can clear up the car park in preparation and notices put up. Clerk to action.
7.5. The Council RESOLVED to book the Speed Indicator Device (SID) for sometime before end of March. Clerk to action.

8. Finances
8.1. The Bank Balance was noted as £6045.24 on 7th Nov 2016 and budget spend was reviewed in preparation to discuss the Precept.
8.2. There was a lengthy discussion about the Precept 2017/18 budget and it was RESOLVED to dedicate most of December’s meeting to setting the Precept budget.
8.3. The Council RESOLVED for the payment of the following invoices. Clerk to action
8.3.1. HALC hosting website fee Invoice no H016 £30 +VAT
8.3.2. Tracy Knights, Lengthsman – Invoice no 627 £210
8.4. There were no financial risks identified by the Parish Council

9. Planning
9.1. There were no planning applications for the Council to discuss.
9.2. The Council noted the Clerk’s update sheet on current planning applications.

10. To receive an update – It was RESOLVED to put these two items on the Dec Agenda
10.1. The reversing of the one-way system down Church Road
10.2. Adopting a BT telephone kiosk

11. The Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.

12. The following items to be put on the agenda for next meeting – Precept/budget setting, adopting BT telephone kiosk, reversing one way system on Church Road and expression of interest form for Lengthsman & P3 Schemes.

13. The date of next meeting will be in Monday 5th December 2016 at 7.30pm.