Minutes of Ordinary Parish Council meeting 8th February 2016

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 8th February 2016 at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs M Cain (Chair), J Evans, R Williams and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council)

In attendance: Tracy Knights (Lengthsman), David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty) [attended later on during meeting], and 4 members of the public

1. Co-options – The Clerk reported that she had spoken to the suggested individuals and one would be interested to join the Council in June time and the other individual the Clerk was waiting to hear back from. Clerk to action following up

2. Apologies – Cllr Mrs L Williams, PSCO Lowri Anderson and County Cllr David Harlow

3. Declarations of Interests – Cllr J Evans declared an interest for item 7 – Duchy of Cornwall Housing Development. He signed the Declaration of Interest book.

4. The minutes from the meeting held on 14th December 2015 were signed and adopted.

5. Open Public Session

5.1. Views of Local Residents
5.1.1. The Clerk informed the Council that the funding for the British Heart Foundation defibrillator via the Herefordshire Heartstart has been closed as they have run out of funding this financial year. They advised those who are interested to register on the BHF website. The Council AGREED for the Clerk to register the Council’s interest. The St Weonards PCC would also be interested in a defibrillator (Clerk to contact Stephen Herbert when funding available). Clerk to action
5.1.2. The Clerk reported back that she had contacted the Fastershire team with regards to coming out to do a talk on Faster Broadband in the St Weonards, but had not been given any dates. Clerk to follow up
5.1.3. The Clerk had emailed Edward Tonks from Balfour Beatty again (plus tried contacting by phone) and ask for some suggested dates to meet up to discuss the “slow” signage and other options to help slow down traffic through the village. Clerk to action following up dates

5.2. Report from West Mercia Police
5.2.1. As PSCO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend, but Clerk to circulated the most current Police Briefing to all Councillors and to put the report on the website. Clerk to action

5.3. Report from County Councillor David Harlow
5.3.1. Cllr Harlow had sent a report for the Clerk to read out at the meeting and to be put on the website. Clerk to action.

5.4. Report from David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
5.4.1. Dave Atkinson and Tracy to arrange a meeting to discuss the areas of concern in the Parish that Tracy highlighted. Tracy and Dave to action
5.4.2. Dave Atkinson is waiting for another quote on a mobile trailer SID, which he will forward on to the Clerk to share with the councillors once received. Dave to action
5.4.2.1. Clerk to chase up the removal of the SID in the village. Clerk to action

6. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
6.1. The Clerk had attended the Balfour Beatty Parish Briefing on 4th Feb and reported back to the Council the following
6.1.1. It is the Council’s responsibility now to order and pay for any Sandbags that they require in the village.
6.1.2. The Council will need to express their interest in being part of the Lengthsman and P3 Scheme next year 2016-17. Clerk to action
6.1.3. The Council will be required to fund the Lengthsman and P3 Scheme via the precept in 2017-18.
6.2. Report from Tracy Knights, Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Officer
6.2.1. Tracy reported on the work that he had completed in the Parish and highlighted the problem areas some of which need urgent action. The Council AGREED for Tracy to speak to Dave Atkinson about the areas identified that need addressing.
6.2.1.1. The missing inspection covers on drains on A466 by the Exchange/Hillcrest were identified as in need of urgent action. Action Tracy and Dave Atkinson
6.3. The work identified for the P3 Scheme was Sycamore Cottages, Ladywood and waymarkers. The budget available till end of March 2016 is £375. The Council AGREED for Tracy to go ahead with the work identified. Clerk to email Tracy. Clerk to action
6.4. Tracy and Stuart had marked up the lines in the car park as suggested with temporary paint. The markings worked well and people used them correctly. Tracy to speak to Dave Atkinson to find out best way of getting lines painted up permanently. Tracy to action
6.5. Clerk confirmed that she had found a price for salt bins from Glasdon – Nestor 90 bins at £85 +VAT. The bins are not currently required by the Council, but Clerk to keep information on file for a later date.

7. Housing Development update
7.1. Update from Herefordshire Housing – Kimberley Read, Development Manager from Herefordshire Housing Ltd was unable to attend the meeting but is available to attend the next meeting on 14th March to update the Council on the 6 unit housing development. Clerk to ask Cllr Harlow and Hayley Crane to attend if possible. Clerk to action
7.1.1. It was suggested that may be the Parish Council should look at private investor as well for Church Hill land
7.2. Update on Duchy of Cornwall land/Housing Development
7.2.1. Cllr J Evans discussed the reason why he would need to Declare an Interest in relation to the discussion of possible housing development on the Duchy of Cornwall land on the edge of the village. The company that he works for does a lot of work for the Duchy of Cornwall and he felft that this potentially could pose a conflict of interest. Therefore, he would not be able to take part in any discussions around the topic/agenda item. He said that if the Council felt that there would be a conflict of interest then he would tender his resignation and give the Parish Council 3 months notice. The Council asked the Clerk to find out what options Cllr J Evans has with regards to continuing as a Council but ensuring that he is not involved in the Duchy of Cornwall Houseing Development. Clerk to action
7.2.2. The Parish Council working party (made up of Parish Councillors, Cllr D Harlow and residents who expressed their interest to be part of the working party at the October Parish Council Meeting) will be meeting with the Duchy of Cornwall team on 9th February to discuss the Design Workshop they would like to run in March at the Village Hall.

8. Village Signage quotes – Due to the lengthy discussions on previous agenda items, the Council deferred this item to be discussed at the next meeting. Clerk to action

9. Finances
9.1. The Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance £4031.97. The Council reviewed the financial report prepared by Clerk. Clerk to provide an end of year budget vs actual spend for the March meeting. Clerk to action
9.2. It was AGREED to pay the following invoices. Clerk to action
9.2.1. Payment of Clerk’s monthly salary for February
9.2.2. Tracy Knights Lengthsman Invoice number 545 for £1,871.32
9.3. The Council noted the Precept budget had been submitted and the Clerk should receive confirmation soon
9.4. The Council AGREED that the following financial risks need to be reviewed
9.4.1. Pension options for Clerk – Clerk to find out more and report back at March meeting
9.4.2. Internet Banking – Clerk to speak to Cllr L Williams about HSBC Bank options Clerk to action
9.4.3. The Clerk informed the Council that HALC are offering a service to host Parish Council websites at £20 per year. The Council would still pay Mark Millmore of Eyelid Productions a £100 per year support fee, but not a hosting fee of £20 per year. With HALC hosting the website this will reduce any risk posed by Eyelid Productions being sold or taken over by another company. The Council AGREED for HALC to host the website. Clerk to action

10. Planning
10.1. The Council AGREED there are no objections to planning application 160032 Brinstone Farm, St Weonards, Hereford HR2 8NZ (Construction of a Cattle underpass to allow dairy cattle to pass under minor road C71406

11. Items for the next meeting
11.1. Herefordshire Housing update, finalise Village sign quotes, Website, Fastershire talk

12. The date of next meeting will be held on Monday 14th March at 7.30pm.

Meeting closed at 9pm