Minutes of Ordinary Meeting 13th June 2016

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 13th June 2016 at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs M Cain (Chair), J Evans, Mrs L Williams and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council)

In attendance: County Cllr David Harlow, and 5 members of the public

1. Co-options – None

2. Apologies – PSCO Lowri Anderson, Cllr R Williams, Tracy Knights (Lengthsman) and David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty)

3. Declarations of Interests – None

4. The Clerk informed the Council that she had reworded item 11.4 since circulating it previously. This was to reflect that the accounts reviewed at the May meeting did not balance and asked the Chairman to see if he could find the error. Therefore the governance section of the form was completed but not the annual return section of the audit form – this will be put on the agenda to complete at the June meeting. The minutes from the meeting held on 9th May 2016 were signed and adopted.

5. Open Public Session

5.1. Views of Local Residents
5.1.1. A member of the public asked a question about the Duchy event and what was to happen in the coming months. The Council advised that Duchy had reported back to the working party in May with a date for another Community Event was booked for Friday 8th July 4-8pm at the village hall. The Clerk also informed the Council that the Duchy would not be able to give a copy of the list of attendees at the last Duchy Meeting in March as this would in breach of Data Protection laws. Clerk to action contacting Duchy about how the event will be advertised again.

5.2. Report from West Mercia Police
5.2.1. As PSCO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend, but Clerk to circulated the most current Police Briefing to all Councillors and to put the report on the website. Clerk to action

5.3. Report from County Councillor David Harlow
5.3.1. Cllr Harlow had sent a report for the Clerk to read out at the meeting and to be put on the website. Clerk to action.
5.3.2. Cllr Harlow was available to answer any questions from residents at the meeting.

5.4. Report from David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
5.4.1. Dave Atkinson was unable to attend the meeting and nothing to report. The Council asked the Clerk to speak to Dave about the following:
5.4.1.1. Check the no entry signs at bottom of Church Road. Clerk to action
5.4.1.2. Pot holes on the cut through road from A466 to B4521 Three Ashes road. Clerk to action

6. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
6.1. Tracy Knights was unable to attend the meeting and there was nothing to report. Clerk to email the list of costs for supply of materials of P3 Footpath Scheme to Tracy and Parish Councillors. Clerk to action
6.2. The Council asked the Clerk to speak to Tracy about tidying up the weeds around the village hall and path. Clerk to action
6.3. Clerk to find out price of paint for car parking marking and also to find out cost of Balfour Beatty doing the work. Clerk to action
7. The Council RESOLVED for the Clerk to contact and find out more about the online Nation of Lifesavers Community Package funding programme for a community defibrillator and also to find more about how we adopt a phone kiosk for £1. Clerk to action

8. The Council RESOLVED to look into investigating reversing of the one-way system down Church Road, but having no right turn at the top of the hill on to the A466. Clerk to action
8.1. The Council RESOLVED to investigating was of extending 30mph speed limit in St Weonards village. Clerk to action

9. Finances
9.1. The Council approved the Year End Accounts and completed the Audit Commission Annual Return form – the Governance section had been completed first at the meeting held on 9th May and the annual return section was completed after the Year End Accounts were approved.
9.2. To Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance as £3136.44 and the budget spend was noted as on track
9.3. The Council agreed the following payment of invoices
9.3.1. Payment of Clerk’s monthly salary for June
9.3.2. Invoice for commemorative medal for schools and councils for HM Queen Elizabeth II 90th Birthday – Invoice 37323 – £107+VAT
9.3.3. Eyelid Productions Website Support June 2016- May 2017, Invoice 1777 – £100
9.3.4. HALC invoice for Training Audit Answers for Clerk on 30/4/16 Invoice 8013 – £15+VAT
9.4. The Council noted the VAT reclaim request of £222.26 had been submitted by the Clerk
9.5. The Council noted the following financial risks to the Parish Council
9.5.1. The Council RESOLVED to setting up a standing order for monthly payment of Clerk’s Salary. Clerk to action

10. He Council noted the update on planning applications, correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.
10.1. The Council reviewed Planning Application 161293 – “Trippenkennett Farm, Three Ashes, Hereford, HR2 8LZ. Change of use of land to form a 24 pitch touring caravans site with associated hard and soft landscaping works.” The Council RESOLVED the following comment for the Clerk to reply back to the Matt Tompkins – “They noted that there were 25 caravans on the map but it states there are 24 caravans on the planning application. The caravans will be in the bowl of the field so there will be natural screening from the landscape and as trees and other vegetation matures it will provide more screening. They noted that no static caravans or tents were allowed on the site, no music after 10pm and no large groups such as hen or stag parties. Therefore, the PC have no objections to this planning application.” Clerk to action
10.2. The Council RESOLVED to ask Jack Evans, Phil and Pam Craig to present the Commemorative Queen’s 90th Birthday medals to the children at St Weonards Primary and Preschool. Clerk to action

11. The Council suggested the following items for next meeting
11.1. Adopting a phone kiosk, defibrillator and talk from Herefordshire Heartstart for July meeting.

12. The date of next meeting will be in Monday 11th July 2016 at 7.30pm