Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on 14th March 2016

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 14th March 2016 at 7.30pm

Councillors Present: Cllrs M Cain (Chair), J Evans, R Williams, Mrs L Williams and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council)

In attendance: Tracy Knights (Lengthsman), County Cllr David Harlow, and 10 members of the public

1. Co-options – None

2. Apologies – PSCO Lowri Anderson and David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty)

3. Declarations of Interests – None

4. Housing Development update
4.1. Update from Herefordshire Housing on potential 6 units development – Kimberley Read, Development Manager from Herefordshire Housing Ltd and Hayley Crane, Herefordshire Council attended the meeting and informed the Council that due to the Government no longer providing funding for affordable houses to rent and instead are pushing for home ownership, the development site on Church Hill is not viable. The steepness of the development site and the planners wanting to see the houses built on the linear of the road would be to costly and again makes the 6 unit development not viable. Clerk to ask Kimberley to send an email confirming the above. Clerk to action.

4.2. Update on Duchy of Cornwall land/Housing Development – Duchy of Cornwall will feedback to the Parish Council and residents in April/May. Date to be agreed. This meeting date will be publicised.
4.2.1. A member of the public asked if they could have a copy of the list of attendees to the Community Engagement Event and how many were from St Weonards village. Clerk to action asking the Duchy of Cornwall.

5. The minutes from the meeting held on 8th February 2016 were signed and adopted.

6. Open Public Session

6.1. Views of Local Residents
6.1.1. A member of the public referred to the Minutes of 12th October 2015 “item 4.1.7 The Parish Council was asked by a member of the public to reject the planning development with the Duchy of Cornwall and an undirected informal show of hands of those against it was requested 6/13 residents opposed the development.” They questioned the count of votes again and asked that they be noted in 14th March 2016 minutes as they believe the count to have been 7/13.
6.1.2. The Clerk had emailed Edward Tonks from Balfour Beatty again and ask for some suggested dates to meet up to discuss the “slow” signage on the road and other options to help slow down traffic through the village. His colleague Robin Quant emailed Clerk detailing the process to be followed and costs involved with road “slow” marking and other traffic calming measures. Clerk to action replying to Robin Quant saying that they are looking at other options such as SID machine as do not have the budget to pay for other measure. Clerk to action.

6.2. Report from West Mercia Police
6.2.1. As PSCO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend, but Clerk to circulated the most current Police Briefing to all Councillors and to put the report on the website. Clerk to action

6.3. Report from County Councillor David Harlow
6.3.1. Cllr Harlow had sent a report for the Clerk to read out at the meeting and to be put on the website. Cllr Harlow answered any questions raised from the report. Clerk to action.

6.4. Report from David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
6.4.1. Dave Atkinson was not able to attend and no report sent.

7. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
7.1. Tracy Knights reported that he had meet with Dave Atkinson and they had visited the areas in the Parish, which had been identified at the last meeting and an action plan had been agreed.
7.1.1. The Clerk informed the Council that the budget for 2015/16, for both the Lengthsman and P3 Schemes have been spent and the Clerk will confirm this to Balfour Beatty. Clerk to action.
7.2. Tracy reported that he has reported the defects on stiles to Dave Atkinson so we will need to wait for the necessary materials to be available before any repairs can be done.
7.3. Tracy confirmed he would speak to Dave about the car parking lines to see which will be the most cost effective options. Tracy to action
7.4. Tracy had reported the fly tipping on Fishpool Lane to Herefordshire Council – ref no: CAS-563868-POROM1

8. Finances
8.1. The Council noted the HSBC Bank Balance £1913.70 on 5/3/2016. The Council reviewed the financial report prepared by Clerk.
8.2. It was RESOLVED to pay the following invoices. Clerk to action
8.2.1.1. Tracy Knights Lengthsman Invoice number 549 for £240.00
8.2.1.2. Tracy Knights P3 Scheme Invoice number 550 £307.50
8.2.1.3. HALC subs Invoice 7094 £303.54+VAT
8.2.1.4. Election Charges for uncontested election from May 2015, Invoice number 91112939 – £40.70
8.2.1.5. St Weonards Village Hall Hire x 11 meetings 2015/16 Invoice 027 £132
8.2.2. The Council RESOLVED to pay the Clerk’s monthly salary for March
8.3. The Council RESOLVED that the following financial risks need to be reviewed
8.3.1. Pension options for Clerk – Clerk to find out more and report back at April meeting
8.3.2. Internet Banking – Clerk to speak to Cllr L Williams about HSBC Bank options Clerk to action

9. The Council discussed the commemorative medal for schools and councils for HM Queen Elizabeth II 90th Birthday and RESOLVED that they would like to find out how many children 0-16 years are residents of St Weonards Parish. Clerk to action

10. The Council noted correspondence received and Clerk’s planning update and information sheet

11. Items for the next meeting
11.1. Finalise Village sign quotes, suggestion of Fastershire talk for Annual Parish Meeting on 9th May.

12. The date of next meeting will be held on Monday 18th April at 7.30pm.

Meeting closed at 8.50pm