Minutes from Ordinary meeting 18th July 2016

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes from Ordinary Meeting held on
Monday 18th July 2016 at 7.30pm


Councillors Present:
Cllrs M Cain (Chair), J Evans, Mrs L Williams, R Williams and Mrs Kate Hughes (Clerk to Council)

In attendance: Tracy Knights, Lengthsman and 5 members of the public

1. Co-options – None. Clerk to speak to a potential candidate to see if they might be interested. Clerk to action

2. Apologies – PSCO Lowri Anderson, County Cllr D Harlow and David Atkinson (Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty)

3. Talk from Luke Jordan, Herefordshire Heartstart
Herefordshire Heartstart is a charity that offers emergency life saving courses; they are not First Aid courses. The courses are run by a team of 30 volunteers to various communities in Herefordshire. The courses are for 10 individuals and are organised in the local community, are free and last 2 hours. It was RESOLVED for the Clerk to action organising a date for a course in autumn time and advertise it locally. Clerk to action

4. Declarations of Interests – None

5. The minutes from the meeting held on 13th June 2016 were signed and adopted.

6. Open Public Session

6.1. Views of Local Residents
6.1.1. Trees on tump at St Weonards have grown considerably and posing a potential health and safety issue especially during autumn and winter time. Clerk to speak to the Richard and Fiona Mynors. Clerk to action
6.1.2. Bench on roundabout is in need of a clean. It is owned by British Legion, Clerk to contact them to discuss further. Clerk to action

6.2. Report from West Mercia Police
6.2.1. As PSCO Lowri Anderson was unable to attend, but Clerk to circulated the most current Police Briefing to all Councillors and to put the report on the website. Clerk to action

6.3. Report from County Councillor David Harlow
6.3.1. Cllr Harlow had sent a report for the Clerk to read out at the meeting and to be put on the website. Clerk to action.
6.3.2. The Council asked the Clerk to find out from Cllr Harlow what percentage of the total budget are the budget cuts. Clerk to action

6.4. Report from David Atkinson, Balfour Beatty Locality Steward
6.4.1. Dave Atkinson was unable to attend the meeting and nothing additional to report besides his weekly Locality Stewards email.

7. Lengthsman and P3 Scheme
7.1. The Parish Council asked Tracy Knights to trim the hedge on the pavement from the village hall to the shop. Tracy to action
7.2. The Council asked Tracy to look at the school sign on Church Road and see if it could be moved to another part of the village where could be of more use. Tracy to action
7.3. Clerk received a quote from Roadmark Ltd with a price of painting the lines for the car park – £350 for car park lines. Clerk to ask for a quote for painting the yellow lines on the bus stop at the same time. Clerk to action. The Council asked if Tracy and Stuart could tidy up car park before markings are painted. Tracy to action

8. Planning
8.1. The Duchy event was held on Friday 8th July 4-8pm at the village hall. Nick Pollock from Duchy of Cornwall sent the following update for the Clerk to read out at the meeting.

“Thank you for all those who attended to Community Engagement Event on Friday 8th July in the village hall. We had a good meeting with local residents with a good turnout (around 40 people) and helpful discussions and comments on feedback sheets. It was helpful to take time to report back on the findings that emerged at the Community Engagement Event in March and to show how an indicative housing layout has emerged from the suggestions put forward by local people. The Duchy is committed to working with local communities to provide housing that meets local need and builds communities. According to the Herefordshire Local Plan Core Strategy the target growth figure for St Weonards Parish is 14% which we understand from Planning Officers equates to around 16 dwellings taking into account other planning permissions granted in the parish. The sketch masterplan displayed on Friday showed how the 5 acre site could be developed over time and could potentially have capacity for 30 homes. It is a masterplan that could be used as a guide to plan for housing to respond to local needs. If the Duchy was to progress a planning application, a phased scheme would be proposed whereby a first phase would be designed to meet the stated growth needs of the parish. The indicative phasing on the draft masterplan showed a possible first phase of around 18 dwellings. Land would be available within the site that could be utilised if and when there is a need for further growth in the future. That way the parish can plan for the sustainable growth of the village over time. I hope this note is helpful in reassuring the parish that the Duchy is committed to working with the local community and to meeting local needs. Nick Pollock, Duchy of Cornwall.”

8.2. To Council discussed the planning application 161829 Llangunnock House, Three Ashes – Demolition of lean to potting shed, extension to North of existing house, Veranda to east of existing house and Landscaping works to gardens. They RESOLVED that there were no objections to this application. Clerk to action
8.3. The Council noted the Clerk’s update sheet on current planning applications.

9. Finances
9.1. The Council noted the Bank Balance to be £3035.35.
9.2. To Council adopted the new amended Financial Regulations. Clerk to action putting them on the website and circulate to Councillors. Clerk to action
9.3. The Council noted that the Audit Commission Annual Return form has been received by Grant Thornton
9.4. The Council RESOLVED the payment of the following invoices. Clerk to action
9.4.1.1. Payment of £30 for Internal Auditor, Mrs Isobelle Bevan
9.4.1.2. Payment of Clerk’s monthly salary for July and August.
9.4.1.3. Invoice no 593 from Tracy Knights, Lengthsman £172.18
9.5. The Council noted the VAT reclaim £222.26 had been received.
9.6. To Council RESOLVED the following to financial risks raised – Clerk to action
9.6.1. Standing order for Clerk’s Salary to be set up to start in September. Clerk to action
9.6.2. Clerk to action purchasing a laptop and printer/scanner for Parish Council
9.7. The Clerk updated the Parish Council on the money that has been reclaimed for Lengthsman and P3 Scheme and paid to wrong account (St Weonards Village Hall Account) by Herefordshire Council. The Clerk has been reassured that this will resolved shortly.
9.8. The Council RESOLVED to the revised Asset and Risk Assessment schedules. Clerk to action

10. To receive an update on:
10.1. The Clerk to investigate the reversing of the one-way system down Church Road and the promise of the passing places on the bottom road. Clerk to action speaking to the past Chairman, Bruce Evans and look for the planning application and statutory notice. Clerk to action
10.2. Clerk to look into applying for a community defibrillator and adopting a telephone kiosk for Parish Council. Clerk to action

11. To Council noted the correspondence received and Clerk’s information sheet.

12. To consider items for next meeting – Precept/budget

13. The date of next meeting will be in Monday 3rd October 2016 at 7.30pm.