Annual Ordinary meeting minutes 8th May 2017

Mtg No: 22

ST. WEONARDS PARISH COUNCIL

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL ORDINARY MEETING HELD ON
MONDAY 8th MAY 2017 AT ST WEONARDS VILLAGE HALL

PRESENT: Cllrs M Cain, Mrs L Williams, J Evans, R Williams and Mrs K Hughes (Clerk to Council)

IN ATTENDANCE: County Cllr David Harlow, Dave Atkinson (BBLP Locality Steward) and 6 other residents

1. Election of Chairman. Cllr Laura Williams proposed that Cllr Mike Cain take up the position of Chairman and Cllr Julian Evans seconded it. As there were no other proposals for Chairman, Cllr M Cain was elected. The Chairman signed the Acceptance of Office of Chairman form.

2. Election of Vice Chairman. Cllr Mike Cain proposed that Cllr Richard Williams continues as Vice Chairman for another year and Cllr Julian Evans seconded it. As there were no other proposals for Vice Chairman, Cllr R Williams was re-elected.

3. Election of other offices
3.1. Internal Auditor – Clerk informed the Parish Council that she had asked Isobel Bevan if she would be happy to stand as Internal Audit and she has confirmed she would. It was AGREED to appoint Isobel Bevan to this post. Clerk to action
3.2. Representative on the Village Hall Management Committee – Cllr Mike Cain proposed and Cllr Laura Williams seconded that Cllr Richard Williams continues as Village Hall Representative. Cllr R Williams was appointed to this post.

4. Co-option of Councillors
4.1. The Council AGREED to co-opt Robert Bowen as a Parish Councillor on to the Parish Council. Clerk to action the necessary paperwork. Clerk to action
4.2. The Clerk confirmed that Thelma Salvage would not have time to stand as a Parish Councillor currently.

5. Apologies
5.1. There were apologies from Tracy Knights (Lengthsman & Parish Footpath Officer), Jan and Donald McGlashon.

6. Declarations of Interest
6.1. The Clerk asked the Councillors to check their Declaration of Interests Form to make sure the information was up to date. The Councillors confirmed that there were no amendments to be made.
6.2. None declared for the agenda items.

7. Open Discussions
7.1. Report from County Councillor – Cllr Harlow reported that he will be holding a surgery on 9th May 6-7.30pm. All welcome to attend.
7.1.1. Cllr Harlow also reported that the number of children at St Weonards Primary School were low and were currently around 28. Numbers for the Preschool are low for September too.
7.2. Report from David Atkinson, Locality Steward, Balfour Beatty – Dave was not in attendance, so no report was given. Clerk to update Dave on any requests from the meeting. Clerk to action
7.3. View from residents:
7.3.1. Isle of Dogs – the Clerk updated the Parish Council that Dave Atkinson (Locality Steward, BBLP) had been to inspect the area mentioned and had reported it to the Engineer Dept at BBLP to investigate further.
7.3.2. Clerk to report to Dave that the hedge on the A466 on the boundary of St Weonards and Llangarron Parish Council is overgrown into the main road that it forces lorries and buses to drive in the centre of the road to avoid the hedge. Clerk to action reporting to Dave. Clerk to action
7.4. Report from West Mercia Police – they were not in attendance. Clerk to put email report on website. Clerk to action
7.4.1. Clerk also reported that Sgt Emma Freer had sent an email in reply to the request from the last meeting to report back on traffic calming measures and reviewing length of 30mph speed limit in village. Sgt Freer suggested that the Council contact the Village Safety Initiative, Safer Roads Partnership Scheme, quote for painting SLOW on the road plus speak to Graham Hornsby BBLP about the impact of SLOW road markings, speak to highways about traffic order and enforcing 30/40mph speed limit. Clerk to action

8. The minutes from the meeting held on 10th April 2017 were adopted and signed by the Chairman.

9. Lengthsman Scheme
9.1. To receive a brief report from Tracy Knights, Lengthsman and P3 Footpath Officer
9.2. To note Annual Maintenance budget for 2016/17
9.3. The Council AGREED to sign the Lengthsman Contract with Herefordshire Council. Clerk to action returning it
9.4. The Council noted that the money left to be claimed for 2016/17 grants is £2307. Clerk to action by 31st May
9.5. The Council AGREED to purchase a blue sign with white pedestrian on to direct people from car park to village amenities. Clerk to action

10. Planning and Housing Development Projects
10.1. The Council AGREED to continue with the policy adopted for Clerk commenting on planning applications between meetings on the Council’s direction.
10.2. The Council noted the update on planning applications received on Clerks Information Sheet.
10.3. The Clerk confirmed that the Duchy of Cornwall wanted to come and update the St Weonards Community on the planning development on land south of the village. The Council AGREED to invite Nick Pollock from Duchy to come and talk at the Annual Parish Meeting on 12th June. Clerk to action
10.4. The Council AGREED to invite Stephanie Kitto from Neighbourhood Development Team to come along to talk at the Annual Parish Meeting on 12th June along with Duchy of Cornwall and representative(s) of the Primary School. Clerk to action setting up meeting producing an invite to be delivered to all houses in St Weonards Parish. Clerk to action

11. Finances
11.1. The Council AGREED to continue with the policy adopted for Clerk to be able to spend up to £200 in an emergency in discussions with two of the Parish Councillors.
11.2. The Clerk to review and update Financial Regulations and Standing Orders and circulate to Councillors and put on website. Clerk to action
11.3. The Council AGREED to renew the annual insurance payment £282.80. Clerk to action
11.4. The Council AGREED and completed the governance statement Annual Audit Form
11.5. The Council AGREED to adopt the annual accounts and completed the Audit Commission Annual Return
11.6. The bank balance was noted at £2998.49
11.7. The Council noted receipt of 1st part of Precept Payment of £3000
11.8. The Council AGREED to pay the following invoices. Clerk to action
11.8.1. Tracy Knights, Lengthsman invoice 658 for P3 Footpath Scheme £227
11.8.2. Expenses to Clerk for purchase of Parish Council Laptop, printer, computer case and cartridges – £419.16+VAT

12. The Council AGREED to the following dates for Parish Council meetings for the next 12 months all to be held on a Monday at 7.30pm: 12th June, 10th July, none in August, 11th Sept, 9th Oct, 13th Nov, 4th Dec, 8th Jan 2018, 12th Feb, 12th Mar, 9th Mar and 14th May (Annual mtgs).

13. The Councillors noted the information sheet from the Clerk

14. Items for next meeting – Annual Parish Meeting: NDP, Duchy of Cornwall, St Weonards Primary School

15. The next meeting will be the Annual Parish Meeting to be held on Monday 12th June 2017 at 7pm at St Weonards Village Hall

The Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9pm.